Question / Help why cant i have display capture and game capture in the same scene

Conrad_5

i do not want to use and pay for xsplit. obs is the best program for twitch, i just dont understand why im having a problem with it

Suslik V

Other game... Try other game. It could be possible that your issue unique to the game or to your system (I think, the 144Hz display is not the best option for streaming/capturing, try at least without it - unplug the display).

Conrad_5

i changed the refresh rate to 60hz on the 144 hz monitor so it would be the same as the others. also its for every game i try to stream. overwatch, csgo, league of legends, you name it. i just dont know what i have done wrong for setting it up. this stutter even happens just having obs open and not streaming.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
What kind of FPS are you getting in these games at this point? Are you holding a steady 60 at all times? Going above or below 60?

Conrad_5

right now its going below 60 fps in csgo a game i usually get 200 fps in. overwatch i have it to display based fps and am getting 70 fps on the 144hz monitor. @Sapiens

Conrad_5

@Sapiens im thinking of trying to take away the 144 hz monitor and try the two other monitors by themselves. but i still dont think this is going to make any difference in the problem

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
It sounds like you aren't using any kind of FPS limit/vsync if you're going that high, which will be a problem for your GPU and is something I mentioned earlier.

Conrad_5

@Sapiens i capped the fps in overwatch to display based and did the same thing for csgo. is that not enough of what you were mentioning earlier?

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
No. Set your monitor to 60 Hz and enable vsync as a test. You haven't been setting any kind of reasonable frame rate limit.

manogna

okay so ive noticed this bug when im trying to play say overwatch or any other game in fullscreen if i have a display capture and game capture in the same scene, the obs preview starts to stutter when recording. is there any way to have both in one scene with this not occurring? this wasnt a problem beforehand when trying to stream overwatch and other games but im noticing it in the past week of trying to stream. any help would be greatly appreciated here. thanks
same problem for me did you get it solved if yes reply