Question / Help White screen and not responding on startup

Motorjam

whenever I start obs it's just a white screen and it doesn't respond. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and deleting the scenes and profiles but nothing changed.

Screenshot:
white.png

Attachments

• 2019-07-20 20-28-52.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Sukiyucky

Your log shows that you didn't create a scene. Go create one and then add either a display capture, window capture, or game capture device source added to the scene. Try display capture first.

20:28:56.601: Service '' not found
20:28:56.603: No scene file found, creating default scene

Motorjam

OBS crashes when I start it up, so I can't make a scene at all. I know how to make a scene and stuff already

Sukiyucky

Go to your crash folder and post the latest to see if it can help show us where its crashing (Help | Crash Reports | Show Crash Reports).

You can also get it at:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\crashes

Sukiyucky

That's too bad. I would venture to say that there is something like a hardware device that isn't playing well with OBS or Windows. Best to update drivers and the O/S.

Go update Windows first. You are using an older build. That may in turn trigger the update of lower level support drivers, DLLs and services.
20:28:52.261: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 829; 64-bit)

Currently, at this time of writing, the public released version is:
20:42:23.754: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 18362 (revision: 239; 64-bit)

Go update your Radeon RX 580 driver. Go to the GPU card vendor website first. Then, AMD.
20:28:52.704: Adapter 0: Radeon RX 580 Series

Go to Corsair and see if there are new drivers for the gaming headset. They will be updated through iCUE. Update iCUE too.
20:28:56.844: WASAPI: Device 'Headset Earphone (Corsair VOID PRO USB Gaming Headset )' initialized

Go update your Realtek audio drivers. Get them from your motherboard manufacturer
20:28:56.994: WASAPI: Device 'Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)' initialized