Question / Help Where can I find monitor capture on OBS studio

Hi,

I downloaded the new OBS Studio for Windows 10.

I tried to locate the montior capture option but it does not appear to be there.

Has it changed names? Is there any way to access it?

Thank you.

With the old obs studio, I was able to set a location for a specific area of my monitor I want to stream. I dont know how to do this on this new OBS Studio. How can I do this?

I have 6 poker tables on my screen and I want to crop out each of the tables. When I click on display capture displaying these 6 poker tables, it wont let me do that.

How can I create a scene for each of the 6 tables that are displayed on my 31 inch monitor?

Unimatrix36

Does each table have it's own window?

A new scene for each table, one window capture on each scene.
Then you just switch scene to switch table.

Simes

You don't need new captures for each section of the window, you can re-use the same capture and, in each scene, use the quick crop (alt-drag the borders of the capture). As far as I know that's saved on a per-scene basis and should do what you need.

Okay so I created 6 individual display capture scenes and was able to crop out the 6 tables individually by scene. Problem is now every other display capture is not visible to me on OBS.

Example, the first scene (table 1 cropped out), does not show up on the preview pane even tho it is clearly there under sources where as the 2nd scene (table 2 cropped out) shows up fine. Same goes for Scenes 3-6.

Is there a reason why it does this?

Osiris

Okay so I created 6 individual display capture scenes and was able to crop out the 6 tables individually by scene. Problem is now every other display capture is not visible to me on OBS.

Example, the first scene (table 1 cropped out), does not show up on the preview pane even tho it is clearly there under sources where as the 2nd scene (table 2 cropped out) shows up fine. Same goes for Scenes 3-6.

Is there a reason why it does this?

You didn't do what Simes said, he did not say to create individual display captures, he said to re-use the same capture( source).

okay so to clarify use one scene, with 6 different sources, each of the sources uses the original display capture and from there i crop out each individual poker table?

Sorry im still having a difficult time doing this. Would it be possible if somone could provide a detailed step my step on exactly of what I have to do. Thank you in advance.

Suslik V

1. Add 'Display Capture' source to the scene.
  2. Create new scene. Add to it 'Display Capture' (but choose Add Existing, and select first 'Display Capture' from the list). Crop this source (ALT key + mouse move).
  3. Repeat #2 (with other crop value) for 5 times.
  4. You have 7 scenes: first - full Display Capture, others - cropped of the first.
  5. Now you can add to all scenes this first Display Capture as background but without cropping (still as Add Existing), maybe resized.
OBS Studio Help Guide: https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...ware-studio-multiplatform-help-guide-pdf.365/

Hi, so I have a bit of an issue with this, so I created the first scene, the full display capture,

When I try to crop the source, I was unable to use the alt key + mouse move as all this did was move the whole screen and I was thus not able to crop the one table that I wanted. The only way I was able to do this was by right clicking on filters, and then crop/pad; which does not appear to be the way that was mentioned above.

This all seems needlessly complicated and I am a total noob at this. I just want to start having an effective twitch poker stream but have no idea where to start and all the guides seem to be geared towards people who have already an advanced knowledge of streaming.

Please help.