When Streaming OBS is Doubling my Upload Bitrate...

shepoooo

As the title thread. When i am streaming OBS seems to be doubling my upload bitrate for some reason. I am not sure why ? When the bitrate is set to 6000 kbps the output on the OBS bottom bar is sat around 12000 kbps also Facebook is showing an input of 12000 kbps. When I half the setting to 3000 its sits at 6000 kbps.

Please see log file below;

Hope you can help,

Thanks

Rob

qhobbes

Start with the basics:
1. To ensure that OBS Studio has the hardware resources it needs for realtime streaming and recording, we recommend disabling the "Game DVR Background Recording" feature via these instructions.
2. Run OBS as Admin
3. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Microphone (HyperX Quadcast): 48000 Hz
Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device): 48000 Hz
Headphones (4- Astro MixAmp Pro Game): 48000 Hz
Headset Earphone (4- Astro MixAmp Pro Voice): 48000 Hz

To fix this, go to Settings, Audio, General and change the Sample Rate to 48 kHz.
4. In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.