What's the best settings for my pc?

Grudge

spec: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.70 GHz, 16.0 GB ram

I want to at least record my games in 1920 x 1080 resolution and at 60 fps if my PC can handle it. If not, then 30 fps should be fine. And I really want it to be as lag-free as possible.

s2kchris305

spec: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics 3.70 GHz, 16.0 GB ram

I want to at least record my games in 1920 x 1080 resolution and at 60 fps if my PC can handle it. If not, then 30 fps should be fine. And I really want it to be as lag-free as possible.
Hows it going.

Are you only wanting to record or record/stream at the same time ?

Also, are you gaming and recording on this pc or is this pc a stream/recording dedicated pc (dual pc setup)?

Grudge

Hows it going.

Are you only wanting to record or record/stream at the same time ?

Also, are you gaming and recording on this pc or is this pc a stream/recording dedicated pc (dual pc setup)?
good, maybe

just record.

gaming and recording on this pc.

s2kchris305

good, maybe

just record.

gaming and recording on this pc.
Your going to have to test it and see. Me personally I have never tested that kind of setup before but it should work.

I usually record with GPU. So try that and see how it goes. on obs under output tab, select advanced option on top, then the recording tab. Once on the recording tab, select your AMD Gpu as the encoder and set bitrate around 20,0000-30,000 bitrate. (i record 1080p/60 at 30000 bitrate). once you have that setup up, give it a try and see if you get any encoding overload.

What resolution do you game on ?

Grudge

Your going to have to test it and see. Me personally I have never tested that kind of setup before but it should work.

I usually record with GPU. So try that and see how it goes. on obs under output tab, select advanced option on top, then the recording tab. Once on the recording tab, select your AMD Gpu as the encoder and set bitrate around 20,0000-30,000 bitrate. (i record 1080p/60 at 30000 bitrate). once you have that setup up, give it a try and see if you get any encoding overload.

I game on 1920 x 1080, same resolution as my monitor

Grudge

I'm trying out this https://www.xaymar.com/guides/obs/high-quality-recording/amf/ acceptable quality setting. tried recording on roblox and I dont think my gpu is having a hard time. also, I did change some of the settings, I changed the preset to speed and key frame interval to 2 secs

I'll have to confirm if it works for other games

Grudge

Screenshot (248).png
Screenshot (249).png

After getting to this point, I now only have 0.4% rendering lag and 0.4% encoder overload.

s2kchris305

View attachment 85204View attachment 85205

After getting to this point, I now only have 0.4% rendering lag and 0.4% encoder overload.
looks good. I have never used the AMD encoder, but is there no bitrate involved? You could probably get a cheap Nvidia GPU and record with that. that way your APU is for gaming and the Nvidia gpu would be dedicated for recording.

Do the research but i believe you can pick up a GTX 1050ti for close to $100 and that should be able to record 1080p/60 no problem

Grudge

looks good. I have never used the AMD encoder, but is there no bitrate involved? You could probably get a cheap Nvidia GPU and record with that. that way your APU is for gaming and the Nvidia gpu would be dedicated for recording.

Do the research but i believe you can pick up a GTX 1050ti for close to $100 and that should be able to record 1080p/60 no problem
Thanks for the advice; I really appreciate it. Especially when I really needed help on this. I'll make sure to look into it.

Lawrence_SoCal

The general recommendation is to use nVidia and NVENC for GPU encode/decode offload with H.264 (for now)
With that said, there are material quality changes between generations of NVENC so depending on your budget I'd recommend you watch EposVox's YouTube videos on encoder quality, and then choose between older NVENC, or Turing based (GTX 1650 Super and higher) or Ampere RTX2xxx and newer). AMD apparently very recently finally updated their H.264 SDK (a good thing) but still not great. as to whether it would meet your quality and performance requirements, is up to you to decide