What will be the best settings for my specs to record Roblox?

Photonive

I wonder what would be the best settings that would squeeze every pc powers to make it so Roblox will record at good-enough quality and good-enough performance?

Here are my current specs:
1624456215974.png

Last edited:

Photonive

I wonder what would be the best settings that would squeeze every pc powers to make it so Roblox will record at good-enough quality and good-enough performance?

Here are my current specs:
View attachment 72503
Also here's the last logs file: https://obsproject.com/logs/KOhevF7dIdnDy-aZ

I did use some recommended settings with this post, https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...cording-roblox-with-obs-on-low-end-pc.113436/

But the only problem is, it does not have the same specs as I do and is outdated, so I could be tweaking something up then my recording would be a lot better.

lofihap

I'm running an i5 8th gen, 16gb RAM, and intel UHD 620 -- I use the following settings with no issues recording or streaming

Streaming > h.264 encoder > target balanced > profile high > 2 keyframe intervals > rate control cbr > bitrate (i run speedtest and adjust this before each stream to 75-80% capacity of my upload bandwidth) however you can run at 3500 to be at the lowest bitrate for HD

Recording > h.264 encoder > target balanced > profile high > 2 keyframe intervals > rate control cbr > bitrate 6500 > latency low

Key thing is to keep the [stats] dock open, and keep an eye on performance for cpu, encoding and rendering, and dropped frames. This will tell you where the computer is suffering and where to making changes.

Photonive

I'm running an i5 8th gen, 16gb RAM, and intel UHD 620 -- I use the following settings with no issues recording or streaming

Streaming > h.264 encoder > target balanced > profile high > 2 keyframe intervals > rate control cbr > bitrate (i run speedtest and adjust this before each stream to 75-80% capacity of my upload bandwidth) however you can run at 3500 to be at the lowest bitrate for HD

Recording > h.264 encoder > target balanced > profile high > 2 keyframe intervals > rate control cbr > bitrate 6500 > latency low

Key thing is to keep the [stats] dock open, and keep an eye on performance for cpu, encoding and rendering, and dropped frames. This will tell you where the computer is suffering and where to making changes.
just one problem, IDK why but why does quicksync h.264 performing worse than x264? I think it could be a hardware issue because when I use x264 it recorded with better frames than quicksync h.264. so can you give a settings for x264? or you know why that problem happens and it's probably not hardware issues?

Quicksync is a hardware encoder that doesn't have all the features of the software encoder x264. To achieve the same quality as x264 you have to increase the bitrate of Quicksync. 8mbps@ 30 fps high profile keyframe interval 1 or ICQ 30 for recording is what I personally use to achieve what I consider an acceptable VMAF score. Most streamers however use NVENC 8mbps @ 60 fps but I find the pixelation to be rather irksome.

Last edited: