WHAT OBS NEEDS

DarkShooter92

My computer is about 3 years old, and I still can't us OBS. To be honest with you I went threw all the streaming programs. Not one works for me, I keep getting a could not create D3D10 error. I know that means the program doesn't support my graphics card. Doing the search on google, I seen a lot of people post about this error. What I am asking to the owner of this program please code this program to work with older graphics cards. Xsplit sucks makes my computer freeze, I just wanna stream and I can't do that right now.

Krazy

Town drunk
It's not so easy as "just make it work with older GPUs" as it would require a significant amount of work to make happen. It won't happen any time soon, and likely won't have great performance because of the sacrifices necessary for compatibility.

OBS gets great performance because of the D3D10 features it can make use of in Windows.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It's not impossible that I might be able to make it work at some point -- but for now there's little that can be done currently

mndudek

I know you are trying to be cute, but dropping in a new graphics card isn't an option when using a laptop. Is there a recommendation for a comparable software package that doesn't need the newest GPU system?

GuardianX

Hmm, if you are up for it, mind posting your DXdiag?

Code:
1. Start
2. Run
3. type: DXdiag
4. Click 'Ok' OR press 'Enter'
5. <<Once DXdiag has opened a window - Click "Save All Information">>
6. Save the file to desktop OR a place you will remember
7. Upload OR copy / paste the contents here

This will give people an exact idea on what you are working with in order to see if it is possible to assist you.

GL