Question / Help Weird problems with sound, help needed

madDog88

Hey guys. Just started streaming on twitch and right away i noticed a few problems i dont know how to fix. When i was checking out my past broadcast, i noticed there was no ingame sound captured from the game, like if it were muted or something, but i was afcourse able to hear everything perfectly on my headphones when i was actually playing. Obs captured my mic, but when i was watching the past broadcast, my voice was only coming from the left headphone/speaker. I also noticed when i was playing with my friends and we were over on discord that their voices were almost muted. Like captured at 5% volume... So what is going on ? Oh i am using umc 404hd audio interface with at2035 mic plugged into input one. Hope someone can help.

OkieOtaku

Make sure you have an audio capture setup for system audio, and that mic audio capture settings aren't lowered. It's not very sensitive to capturing mic audio, so make sure the mixer is on max

madDog88

I'm sorry but that doesn't really help me much. I think my problem has something to do with improper audio routing/setup. Hopefully someone else will comment with a solution.

Adnidi

Same experience for me. Although computer sounds play on the headphones, there is no sound recorded in OBS. Also, when using a capture card, the audio output relaying to the desktop does not work at all, thus the sound does also not play on the headphones.

After a bit of playing around, I can say, that my x64 OBS Studio has the issue (23.0.2) while an older installation x32 does not (but it has other issues, probably due to sharing settings, 20.1.3).

The issues did not start right after the update to 23.0.2, so perhaps a Windows update or something may also be part of the problem.

More findings on my part:
- It appears to occur, whenever I use an USB headset. My HyperX Cloud II has the issue only when connected with the USB, not while connected with the 3.5mm jack. My older Logitech G35 (USB) has the same issue.
- The 5.1 sound system connected through the mainboard jacks is also not affected.