Weird Microphone Bug

MichaelJay

Hello everybody,

i recently started Streaming on Youtube and i started Using OBS again, but i noticed i get some really weird cracks/ noises on my Microphone can i post a link of the stream with timestamp to the soundbug or is this not allowed?

PS: it's from a Dead Space Remake Stream so theres +18 content...

sincerly

Michael Jay

AaronD

sadly i only noticed the bug on this specific recording, i tried some stuff since then and now it seems to work i can hear it veeeery quietly in the background now from time to time but its barely noticeable, i believe my new Nvidia Noisecancelling Software handles this pretty good

anyway, i pixeled everything pretty hard now so hopefully thats fine

Weird Sound Bug Video Here (Pixelparty)

OBS Log Link (hope thats right)
Constant static? That could be any number of things, in software somewhere or maybe analog interference between the mic and the digital converter.

The Analyzer (see the link in my signature) says:
Of particular note to me, is that you have the streamelements plugin. That is known to cause problems. Seems like it *would* be useful, if it weren't so poorly written.

MichaelJay

Constant static? That could be any number of things, in software somewhere or maybe analog interference between the mic and the digital converter.
no the sound is, or much more was not Constant. it was only for this moment, seen in the Video, and the rest of the aproximately 1 hour livestream was fine.
Of particular note to me, is that you have the streamelements plugin. That is known to cause problems. Seems like it *would* be useful, if it weren't so poorly written.
yeah i cant even remember installing it to be honest, since i had a long downtime, in wich i didn't use OBS at all, but as long as the problem doesnt come up again this loud as seen in the Video i am actually fine with it for the moment (it does still occasionally appear but so quietly, it's hard to even notice), i will try uninstalling the plugin in the coming days tho.

i have the feeling its related to the fact i had the Microphone plugged in on the rear side of the tower beside the mouse, keyboard,and such, then i moved it to a front USB port and then it got a lot more quiet, but at the same time i installed the Nvidia noise cancelling, so i cant tell which of the two solutions, was the winner.

i even found a video from someone who had pretty much the same noises but constant and his solution was a USB extender or something similar, so its not directly plugged into the pc's USB port, weird solution, but if it helps im fine with that, will try that one too, as soon as i am in the next pc shop for a usb cable, actually need one since blue snowball cable is too short for me anyway

Last edited: