Weird Issue. Tried 'everything'. Please show me the error of my ways.

theinzane

So I've been having a weird intermittent issue for the past few months now. At first glance you would think its a bitrate/connectivity issue but OBS is reporting 0 dropped frames. The issue wont happen every day and it will be at random intervals. The issue wont solve until I restart the stream and restart my PC.

OBS will also report nearly 0.0% skipped or dropped frames due to render lag.

So here's the list of things I have tried to solve the issue.

1) Looked over my OBS settings, dropped the bitrate a bit (Even though I have a stable 350down/200up) connection. I even tried changing the ingest server that I stream to.

2) Changed between x264 and nvenc encoding thinking perhaps it was one or the other. Both had the issues. (Attempted on two PC's. (Streaming PC 9900k and 2070 super) and gaming PC (13900k and a 3080ti)

3) I used to use a dual PC setup and thought maybe it was a hardware issue. With the impending AV support on twitch I decided to just transition over to a single PC setup. Especially since my 3080ti can handle the encoding quite well with great quality. Stepping away from a dual PC setup seemed like inevitable and welcomed. I also figured this would tell me if it was a hardware issue or not. Even after switching over the streaming load over to my gaming PC I still encountered the issue.

4) With hardware out of the way I figured it must be a software issue. I've normally used obs studio to stream but decided to try streamlabs to see if perhaps it was an issue with the software. As you've guessed the problem was not resolved.

5) Despite swapping to a completely new PC I decided to format my PC just to get any unnecessary software/bloatware that has accumulated off it and start fresh. This also did not solve the issue.

6) I then looked at my router on my desk with a glaring stare. Perhaps he was the culprit. After all it was a 50$ netgear router I purchased over a decade ago. Perhaps he was causing the issue. I went and purchased a brand new asus router and I am sure you've guessed it. The issue is still here.

So I feel like I have now exhausted everything aside from changing ISPs. I have been with this ISP for a few years now with next to no problems and there's no other options in town. My other ISP here caused me nothing but issues and I had to swap. I will drop my log here and link to a few clips that were recently made showing the issue that is happening.

Clips:

And attached is the log from the same stream.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Attachments

• 2024-04-02 08-25-13.txt
    38.1 KB · Views: 5

theinzane

I guess I should have also mentioned that this is a streamlabs log. I swapped back to obs studio today so the next time this happens I'll make sure to upload that log. Since this is an intermittent issue it may be a couple days or next stream. It seems random.

sandrix

The problem is very similar to coding problems when open_gop is used. But as far as I know obs studio uses IDR-frames.
iZSoGinBFUg (1).jpg

Anyway, your log file is from Streamlabs obs, and we are on the OBS Studio forum)

theinzane

The problem is very similar to coding problems when open_gop is used. But as far as I know obs studio uses IDR-frames.
View attachment 103038
Anyway, your log file is from Streamlabs obs, and we are on the OBS Studio forum)
Yea I realized the issue with that after I submitted the first response and added it as a reply. Since I recently formatted I didn't have any of the old OBS logs to submit. I was hoping there would be some overlap to compare.

I'm going to be back streaming with obs studio since it happened on streamlabs obs so its clearly not an issue with obs studio. When it happens again ill drop that log here. I recently found out about the log analyzer so I'll run it through there first and hopefully find an answer.

I ran a short log through it today. Even though I didn't have the issues I figured it would be interesting to see what came out. It mentioned that my Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling should be off so I am going to try that and see if that's what was causing the issues.

theinzane

I just wanted to follow up with a response. Since its an intermittent problem its tough to know exactly when its fixed until I have completely forgot about it happening. It has now been nearly 3 weeks since it has happens so it appears to be fixed. *knock on wood*. It appears that nvidia broadcast was causing the issues for me. I was using it to help clean up my mic and apply camera filters.

Hopefully if someone else has this issue they can find this thread and perhaps this will help them