Websocket plugin fails to load in OBS 30.0

derv1205

I just reset some of my plugins and had to reinstall the websocket plugin, i installed the latest versions but seem to be getting an error
1700862768676.png

Is this happening due to the new OBS 30.0 version? Should I install a legacy websocket plugin? thanks!

Harold

You should uninstall all attempts to manually install websocket plugins then verify the file integrity of obs from the help menu.

ShyKlown

I'm having the same problem, how do I uninstall all attempts and manually install? I apologize I am new to PCs

JohnPee

"Web Socket" is an integral part of OBS 29 and 30 (probably earlier versions as well) and does not need an additional plugin to function.

derv1205

Thank you, I did delete all obs plugin related to websocket and did the check for file integrity and all good now.
@ShyKlown Go to your obs-studio folder, the obs plugins folder and delete the websocket plugin there. Then you can check for file integrity and it will update OBS with the integrated web socket that is part of OBS 29 and 30.

Jo hunter

Bonjour, j'ai le même soucis, j'ai la version OBS 30 et le Websocket qui devrait être inclus n'apparait pas sous l'onglet "outils".
Je bataille depuis 1h, si une âme charitable veux bien m'aider c'est avec plaisir :)

ShyKlown

Thank you, I did delete all obs plugin related to websocket and did the check for file integrity and all good now.
@ShyKlown Go to your obs-studio folder, the obs plugins folder and delete the websocket plugin there. Then you can check for file integrity and it will update OBS with the integrated web socket that is part of OBS 29 and 30.
I tried that and it still doesn’t work, I’m trying to use it to reconnect my DisplayPad, and I keep getting a failed connection error “saying make sure websocket is installed and credentials are correct” which they are, I’ve reached out to the maker of the DisplayPad and it works fine for them, so it is something on my end, I’m tried to complete uninstall everything and reinstall but nothing has worked. I was OBS had an actual help line/chat

Harold

The websocket functionality for 5.x websocket is integrated in obs. Installing a plugin to try to add it is going to actively break the functionality.

Uninstall any websocket plugins you may have installed, then repair your installation of obs using help - check file integrity.

bbygota

hello, i need some help pls, i try 2 use the "websocket" on "tools" but i can't see it, some one can help me??