Website's localizations are outdated

Frz

When you scroll down the obs hompage and select a language, zh-CN or ko for example, some of the strings are still displayed in English although they were translated on Crowdin 3 years ago, and others are apparently incorrect translations, which were already replaced by better translations on Crowdin.

Why aren't the translations on Crowdin being merged into the website localization?

1650522431215.png

1650522473982.png

sebastianbeckmann

Updating the website is quite tricky due to how it's designed, and I think there were potential security risks with just pulling from Crowdin. However, there currently are improvements being made to that workflow, and we're hopefully able to update all the translations in the future.

Frz

I see, thanks for the reply. Are there any plans for assigning more translation reviewers? I think syncing only the approved translations should resolve the security risks.

sebastianbeckmann

@Frz I'm not aware of such plans. From what I've heard, there are other measures being implemented to prevent malicious actions, but I'm not sure about the details.

Reactions: Frz