WebRTC Support?

Rayj

It would be totally awesome if OBS supported WebRTC as a Media Source. I have no idea how you would do this, but it would be awesome. I can imagine this feature being used for broadcasters (or guests) from remote sites coming into an OBS broadcast.

Hope this makes sense? So for example using OBS for a city broadcast for instance. Someone could be located on the other end of the city and simply remote in through a WebRTC interface. One problem I see though is WebRTC is a peer to peer connection, so there would be a lot less delay/lag then the other broadcaster.

Ray

Joey-TruCast

I'm working on a webRTC project that works with OBS as a browser source. It's brand new and I'm starting to look for people to help test it out. For testing it doesn't require any authentication so users can go to the site, create a room, which creates a unique url to share with others as well as the link for the browser source and when other users go to the room, they enter a username and hit connect and each users video source shows up on the hosts stream.

Feel free to test it out if you'd like https://trucast-platform.herokuapp.com

Once I feel it's stable, I plan on making a post for the forum (which I might do anyways to find testers). Let me know if you have any questions.

jazzmark

I'm working on a webRTC project that works with OBS as a browser source. It's brand new and I'm starting to look for people to help test it out. For testing it doesn't require any authentication so users can go to the site, create a room, which creates a unique url to share with others as well as the link for the browser source and when other users go to the room, they enter a username and hit connect and each users video source shows up on the hosts stream.

Feel free to test it out if you'd like https://trucast-platform.herokuapp.com

Once I feel it's stable, I plan on making a post for the forum (which I might do anyways to find testers). Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey Joey, I was just testing out your site. I'm really hoping you're able to get it working. Do you plan to add audio as well? Also, not sure if I did something wrong, but after putting in the OBS url in, the video was pretty small when it appeared in OBS. Like I said, not sure if it's something I did, or if it's by design or if you're still workin' on it.

I'll keep checking back to see if it's good to go! Good luck!

Mark

It isn't a plugin, is it? It's a whole separate OBS, and it hasn't been updated since v23. I'd love to see this as a plugin that could be added to the regular OBS!

PauloVaz

Hi
I bought and Elgato Stream Deck but I'm currently using OBS WebRTC and I can't connect both, because the stream deck immediately assumes the regular OBS. Can someone help me with that?

benny1611

Hello, any updates regarding this issue? I want to add WebRTC as a source in OBS. Is that possible in the newest version of OBS and if yes, how? I've tried using the browser source, but no luck there... Thank you!