Webcam resolution is higher than allowed by OBS

kanito73

Hello

I am doing my first tries on OBS using my integrated high definition webcam (Full HD 1920x1080) on my HP laptop 15-cw0004la (processor Ryzen 5, 2.1 to 3.7GHz [boosted] with 4 CPU cores and 4 GPU cores, 12Gb/RAM) in Linux (Debian 10) but when trying to add it as a source the highest resolution allowed is 640x480.

In fact I bought this computer for home made video edition and live streaming on YouTube and I'm worried that the sources would not work. I have two other 4K cameras that I want to connect via USB (as webcam) to have two scenes. The idea was to have three scenes including the integrated HD webcam, but now am worried that the 4K cams may not work properly with OBS.

Notice that the integrated HD cam and the 4K cameras are recognized by the system and work perfectly with other programs, I use "guvcview" to test the cameras, set different resoulutions and encoders, fps (frames per second, 15, 24, 29.97m 30 and 60 work ok), etc. and all of them work fine, so it is not the usb driver or ports. I also tested them with a few different videoconference services and they work.

Tomorrow I will try with the 4K cameras and expect them to work fine and at high resolution (Full HD 1920x1080), but currently what can I do to let OBS accept more than 640x480?

Another question... Is is possible to use OBS with 2 monitors? The screen from the laptop and external HDMI Full HD monitor... or should I only choose and use one of them if I want to add the desktop or a window as a source? For example, if I want to add one program from the screen and another program showed on the external monitor, is it possible?

And last question... I bought an USB HDMI capture device, so I can input a TV, DVD, BLURAY, etc. Would it work to add another source?

Thanks for your help and comments