Bug Report Webcam not displaying, Crash upon close, and No disk error

minikimbie64

First of all, thank you in advance for all your help! I love using OBS Studio and I think it's a great software despite my issues.

Every time I open OBS Studio it says there is no disk in the drive. I have never had a disk drive installed on this computer since it has been built.

wXrCyLE.png

Once I click on "Continue", it opens OBS Studio.
I'm not sure if this is intended or not but it is annoying.

During my use of OBS Studio, after updating to 0.15.4, my webcam hasn't been working. My webcam works with other software programs just fine.

Here are my Webcam Settings:
BloQi7F.png

I have tried typing in a custom resolution, but that did not solve the problem.

1/3 times I close OBS Studio there is a crash message. Here is the most recent log file from that crash.

Log File: https://gist.github.com/27561be0a70d471487f96106f013eeb5

The log trace shows your camera set for 1920x1080p using I420 encoded video. That's beyond the capability of a USB 2 connection.

If you can, change the video format to MJPEG.

If you can't...congratulations! You must have installed the Windows 10 Anniversary update which breaks webcam access beyond 720p.

If that's the case set the camera resolution to 1280x720.

Nyarlathotep

I had been using a C910, but that yielded stuttering motion when live streaming. I just purchased a Logitech 930e (for a wider FOV) and read that the Anniversary Update broke webcams. I am going to give this a try to see if it fixes the issue.

[EDIT]

The fix linked above worked! I now see "MJPEG" as an option for both the C910 and the C930e. A couple of test live streams confirmed that the video is now smooth.

Last edited: