Way to have multiple countdowns ready?

4gravitons

I'd like to have several Scenes with different countdown timers available for different situations (like a 30min countdown, a 15min countdown, etc.), so that I can just click on the Scene to start the timer based on what is needed rather than having to type in the time for each situation in the moment. Is there a way to do this? It looks like it's only possible to have one countdown timer at a time with the countdown.lua Script, unless there is a way to have multiple copies of a Script?

darealMonster

I found this way that works for me:
1) Make a text source just like normal (edit all the font/color etc in properties) // this should be the new source ur gonna use for the other timer.
2) Go to 'scripts' section in tools for that source.
3) Click on the '+' icon (plus).
4) Rather than opening the 'countdown.lua' script, click on it once, and ctrl+c (copy it).
5) Paste the countdown.lua in the same folder and the new (pasted) script will be called 'countdown - Copy.lua' in the folder. (that was the name i got and i use win 10)
6) Now u have the copy of the countdown, rename the script if u want (dont change the .lua), u can make however many copies of this (more copies = more countdown scripts = more timers on scene)
7) Just open the new countdown that u pasted into the scripts folder and u use it the same way as usual.
8) There will be no difference between your 2 (or more) countdown scripts (they r copies of each other) // but the difference in name makes it so that you can use them as different countdowns.

ethancc3

I found this way that works for me:
1) Make a text source just like normal (edit all the font/color etc in properties) // this should be the new source ur gonna use for the other timer.
2) Go to 'scripts' section in tools for that source.
3) Click on the '+' icon (plus).
4) Rather than opening the 'countdown.lua' script, click on it once, and ctrl+c (copy it).
5) Paste the countdown.lua in the same folder and the new (pasted) script will be called 'countdown - Copy.lua' in the folder. (that was the name i got and i use win 10)
6) Now u have the copy of the countdown, rename the script if u want (dont change the .lua), u can make however many copies of this (more copies = more countdown scripts = more timers on scene)
7) Just open the new countdown that u pasted into the scripts folder and u use it the same way as usual.
8) There will be no difference between your 2 (or more) countdown scripts (they r copies of each other) // but the difference in name makes it so that you can use them as different countdowns.

Hi, im having trouble on step 5. I copied the countdown.lua script but I can't seem to paste it anywhere. Ive tried making a new folder but I can't paste it there either