Question / Help Volume goes up and down when changing scenes with same source - **Will donate if you can fix**

notthefakeeric

I am using the same source of the studio camera in multiple scenes. The audio level for the source is low, but when I combine another source (PIP, split screen, etc) with the original source in a new scene, it increases the volume - making the volume go up and down when I change scenes.

If it's ok by forum rules, will make a donation to a streamer for the fix.

Example of the scene transition when it goes from loud (split screen) to quiet (just host):https://youtu.be/ZdlB0UfiS90?t=197
Example of the scene transition when it goes from quiet (just host) to loud (PIP): https://youtu.be/ZdlB0UfiS90?t=228

Richard Ham

I can confirm that my audio ducking is ticked, but this is happening to me. no other indication of differences between the different scenes. no extra filters or properties. just some scenes my mic records much lower than others. Very frustrating, i hope someone can help...

pcwzrd13

I'm having this exact same issue. In my main scene, the mic volume is slightly louder than my other two scenes. I've tried everything above with no luck. I've tried different mics and disabling any filters but that hasn't made any difference either. Any help would be appreciated!

unchowder

I know this is an older thread but I was experiencing the same issue and couldn't find any helpful answers online. I found this page that explained why it was happening, but I couldn't figure out how to do what they recommended (I wasn't sure if the OBS interface changed so that their instructions don't make sense anymore or if I'm just blind and can't find what they're talking about).

For me at least this was an issue with nested scenes. I had a "face cam" scene that just used my camera as a source, but I also had my face cam in my gameplay scene. I got a little too fancy for my own good, though, and wanted the camera feed in my gameplay scene to be cropped a bit (so I didn't have a bunch of deadspace in the camera taking up space in the scene), and I did this by nesting scenes and using a crop/pad filter on an intermediary scene. All this to say that it was the nesting that was causing my issue with the sound.

I was able to work around this by just rearranging the scene nesting so that each scene that uses the camera are nested. There's now a "facecam source" scene that is just the camera feed, and then that is nested inside both the actual face cam scene that I use and the gameplay scene (still going through the crop/pad intermediary scene). So now none of the scenes I use have the raw video input, just the scene sources. This seems to have fixed the issue for me. I initially thought that I would need to nest things to the same "level", like having my video sources be nested twice in both scenes, but that didn't seem to be necessary. Hopefully this helps someone else!

Milzstream

In case anyone else runs into this issue, for me it was a matter of making sure my global transition (and any transition that needs to be adjusted I suppose) had the "Audio Fade Style" Set to Crossfade, this ensured that as I switch between scenes that share the same single audio input of my goxlr broadcast mix, would not have the audio fall out and come back mid transition.

1695910241918.png