Resource icon

Free VLCNOWPLAYING 1.0.0.1

jammerxd

jammerxd submitted a new resource:

VLCNOWPLAYING - Connects to VLC media player's web interface to save song metadata to a text file.

This tool will grab information from VLC Media Player's web interface. The web interface MUST be enabled and have a password on it for security reasons. Not to worry as this application will allow the login using the provided password box. The program also supports a custom url for grabbing the data from a different computer.

The song album and title will be saved to the specified text file with spacing. If there are improvements I can make, please let me know!

Enjoy!

Read more about this resource...

LangenDux

do you know if it's possible to customize text format ? "artist - title" instead of "album - title" for example.

jammerxd

Douyu.TV/JV2

Hi there, I'm wondering if this could work with QQ music platform? the chinese version of spotify. I'm an expat in China. Thank yoU!

Gregory Fenton

Very much appreciated. I have changed the source as I needed to show licensing information (creative commons etc) and added \\n as a replaceable string for \n (newline).

I will also add in the ability to get field data from an ini file rather than manually changing the fields each time the program starts, as well as to autoconnect when run.

Greg