Question / Help VirtualCam for Mac OSX Catalina

Doug Willis

Is it possible to get a status on the availability of VirtualCam for the latest Mac OSX (Catalina). I am pleased to see that OBS Studio (64bit) is now available for Mac, but as far as I can tell, VirtualCam is not.

Given that most of the world is now in Lockdown, and availability of regular WebCams are in high demand and not readily in stock (at least in my region), the need for additional options like being able to use other cameras (with VitualCam) could not be more urgent at this time.

Developers, please make this a priority and develop and release a VirtualCam for Mac, or at least give people a indication of if and when this will happen.

Thanks and stay safe.

Narcogen

VirtualCam is a third party plugin. You'd have to direct this request to the author of that plugin. However they have already stated they have no intention of developing this plugin for MacOS.

However, I suspect that they, like most of the OBS developers or developers of OBS plugins, don't develop for MacOS because they don't have MacOS hardware.

Doug Willis

Thanks, I had a look and it seems that things are moving in the right direction. Hopefully a user friendly app/tool for use with the Mac will be forthcoming shortly. Communication by Skype, Zoom and the like is getting a lot of interest at this point in time.

WeekendWorrier

Would be great to see this feature implemented. I am falling behind with my colleagues on the Windows platform as they can use OBS whereas I have tried to use CamTwist, it's ability to chromakey is just far less effective and I'd like to leverage OBS for streaming on helices of Webex / Microsoft Teams / Zoom etc.

jlm70

Waiting me too, to integrate Webex at best! Hope it's a matter of days... Available to test a beta as well... Thanks!

Narcogen

If it presents to the system as a video capture device it should work with webex. CamTwist does.