Virtual Monitor/Screen

kleberbrum

Hello. I use OBS to hold meetings where I present various resources such as videos, countdowns, gifs, texts, web pages, etc. I'm using the "virtual camera" feature, where everything I configure in OBS is presented simulating my webcam. However, in meeting applications such as Skype (which I currently use) the webcam image is very small, and it is difficult for other users to see what is being displayed. The best solution would be for OBS to create instead of a "virtual camera", but a "virtual screen/monitor". Because then I could use the screen sharing option and I would choose this virtual screen/monitor as my shared source. Hence, everything that would be configured and displayed in OBS would automatically be displayed to other users through this sharing.

I await your response.

Thanks!

AaronD

Set OBS to a decent canvas and output size. The virtual camera should follow.

(then make sure all of your scenes are still correct, and adjust them too, as needed)

kleberbrum

Set OBS to a decent canvas and output size. The virtual camera should follow.

(then make sure all of your scenes are still correct, and adjust them too, as needed)
Hi @AaronD,

I think I couldn't express myself well.
I don't want to use the virtual camera. I would like OBS to create a virtual screen/monitor (not webcam) so that when sharing my screen using the features of chat applications such as Skype, Meet, Zoom, Teams, etc., instead of choosing the physical screen or a tab from the browser, I can choose this virtual screen/monitor that OBS has created. Get it now?

Att

Kleber

AaronD

You can crop and enlarge in OBS. If you need to change it mid-call, you can have multiple scenes with that as the difference. Or if you're not in Studio mode, you can adjust it live, but that kinda flies in the face of a "good professional production". If you're not going for professional polish, it might still be an option.

Anyway, the idea here is that OBS does *all* the work, and everything else is just a "dumb passthrough".

kleberbrum

You can crop and enlarge in OBS. If you need to change it mid-call, you can have multiple scenes with that as the difference. Or if you're not in Studio mode, you can adjust it live, but that kinda flies in the face of a "good professional production". If you're not going for professional polish, it might still be an option.

Anyway, the idea here is that OBS does *all* the work, and everything else is just a "dumb passthrough".
One question: Isn't this topic here to suggest innovations in the tool?

Videobuff

Good question, not all posts require innovations in the tool to fix issues reported by users of varing degress of experience and expertise. Some are solved simply by highlighting how to use existing functionality, others are solved by maybe using the tool in an innovative way using functionality, others are indeed solved by developing new functionality, so it really depends. I'm sure many posts get people thinking about developing new innovative solutions to improve the tool further, but typically the first thing people try to do, based on my experience, is help the person reporting an issue to get going again, sometimes via a workaround. That tends to be the priority, after that comes potential innovation that may be "sparked" by the reported issue. So it really depends on each individual post and the direction it takes after reporting it, but ultimately the tool is continually being innovated and developed. Just take a look at the Revision numbers as objective evidence of the continuous flow of updates to existing resources, release of new resources, etc.

AaronD

If you *must* use the workflow as described in the original post here, another workaround might be to dedicate a physical output to it, and then have the meeting screen-capture that. Use OBS's full-screen projector to put the desired picture on that screen.

jakezhu

你好。我使用 OBS 召开会议,展示各种资源,例如视频、倒计时、GIF、文本、网页等。我正在使用“虚拟摄像头”功能,我在 OBS 中配置的所有内容都模拟我的网络摄像头。但是,在Skype(我目前使用)等会议应用程序中,网络摄像头图像非常小,其他用户很难看到显示的内容。最好的解决方案是让 OBS 创建“虚拟摄像机”,而不是“虚拟屏幕/监视器”。因为这样我就可以使用屏幕共享选项,我会选择这个虚拟屏幕/显示器作为我的共享源。因此,在OBS中配置和显示的所有内容都将通过此共享自动显示给其他用户。

我等待你的答复。

谢谢!
你好,我明白你的意思。您希望以共享格式显示某些信息,因为虚拟摄像头将会议软件显示为摄像头的清晰度太低,难以看清。共享格式通常为 1080p 格式。方法是在OBS输出窗口中单击鼠标右键,然后选择“全屏投影输出”。这将输出一个新的窗口屏幕。然后你可以使用ALT+TAB切换到会议软件,只需分享新创建的窗口画面,希望对您有所帮助!

kleberbrum

你好,我明白你的意思。您希望以共享格式显示某些信息,因为虚拟摄像头将会议软件显示为摄像头的清晰度太低,难以看清。共享格式通常为 1080p 格式。方法是在OBS输出窗口中单击鼠标右键,然后选择“全屏投影输出”。这将输出一个新的窗口屏幕。然后你可以使用ALT+TAB切换到会议软件,只需分享新创建的窗口画面,希望对您有所帮助!
这正是我所需要和要求的。我不知道这个功能。这解决了我的问题。
非常感谢您的指导。您可以关闭我已解决的主题。谢谢。