Virtual Camera Support Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceAttitude

Hello everyone! I know that this topic has been covered before in the past and I understand the reasons Virtual Camera support has not yet been implemented, but I believe that it is still important that I suggest this feature simply for the sake of keeping it in the discussion.

I believe Virtual Camera support would benefit OBS greatly. There are many live streaming platforms that people depend on for revenue that require this feature in order to take their productions to the next level. Two major examples include YouNow and Google+ Hangouts on Air. YouNow is perhaps the biggest example with millions of dollars flowing through the company and out to their partnered users. Streamers on these platforms have been so successful due to ManyCam and Xsplit's ability to output a video source as a webcam. Without this feature, top streamers on these sights would be unable to generate the money that they make for making a living.

I personally believe that Virtual Camera support would place OBS as the default winner. OBS (IMO) already wins over other softwares for general streaming and usability. Adding Virtual Camera would be icing on the already super sweet cake.

I hope anyone who reads this will consider adding Virtual Camera more seriously or might become motivated to make a plugin for it (if that is even possible).

Again, sorry to bring up Virtual Camera yet again, but I feel like it is important to let people know that there is still a lot of users who would benefit greatly from such an implementation.

Have a rad day!

Sam

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
I dont fully understand why it was necessary to create a new thread for this topic as you yourself mention that this has been discussed before? It would save everyone some time if duplicate requests could be kept to a minimum

-closed

Status
Not open for further replies.