Question / Help Virtual cam Mac alternative

iamyila

iglasses can flip the cam, actually you can just use iglasses and add as a syphon client. Then use NDI source from Skype

CElston

::: ATTENTION ZOOM FOR MAC 4.6.9 & NEWER USERS :::
Not sure how many of you reading this are like me and your primary purpose for wanting this is to use OBS with Zoom. You should note that the OBS Virtual Cam won't work with current versions of Zoom (4.6.9 - 5.0.1... at least not for me on macOS Catalina). I had to downgrade to Zoom v. 4.6.7 to get this to work. After a lot of work and reading forum posts here and on github, I was finally able to determine that it was the version of Zoom that kept me from using the OBS virtual cam and not some error in the installation. Hopefully, Zoom will add the ability to use OBS Virtual Camera in an upcoming release. (reference > https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/virtual-web-cam-solution-for-mac.93632/)

They are working to try and make this part of the main branch of OBS for Mac, but it's not stable enough right now for that.
(reference -> https://github.com/johnboiles/obs-mac-virtualcam/issues/23)

If you use the package that @tda20300 created (THANK YOU @tda20300, BTW!) you are still probably getting most of the function of the current branch with the Virtual Cam included. Maybe the developers who are working on this will get the code tightened up enough to make it part of the main branch soon. If you absolutely need the most up to date version of OBS for some reason then you will still have to follow the build steps and run it from Terminal until then. IMO, the package that @tda20300 created is working fine and I can wait for the plugin to be incorporated into the main branch.

Yes... I've had to do some tweaks to the new versions of Zoom so that I can use virtual cameras with it. I'm using the newest version of zoom and it works. Look at this Reddit post for help on what you have to do to make it work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VIDEOENGIN...zoom_v4610_breaks_blackmagic_capture_devices/

Part of the fix is go into Terminal on a Mac and type this:
codesign --remove-signature /Applications/zoom.us.app/

Thanks,
Chris

mrichmon

iglasses can flip the cam, actually you can just use iglasses and add as a syphon client. Then use NDI source from Skype
I used the transform in OBS to flip my sources.
It turned out that the output was not flipped, only the display in OBS was flipped. Not ideal, but workable.

MikeInMichigan

Found this on the web. Disables some security signature on Zoom, and allows the OBS virtual cam mentioned elsewhere on this forum to work with the latest version of Zoom as of this writing (5.0.1). Good luck!

Update April 17th, 2020: Thanks to Patrick Wardle who helped me figure out that if you unsign the latest version of Zoom on MacOS, it allows these 3rd party libraries to load. I have confirmed Wirecast virtual camera and Blackmagic devices show up after unsigning Zoom.app on the current latest which is 4.6.11 Steps below.
Update Zoom to the latest version
Install Xcode via Terminal
xcode-select --install
Once installed make sure Zoom is closed and run this in Terminal
codesign --remove-signature /Applications/zoom.us.app/
Launch Zoom and try virtual cam or Blackmagic capture device

MMaheuphoto

I finally install this and work all perfectly thanks!
Uninstall OBS. and install this:

Muchas gracias al creador del Pkg
Hi,
New here. I just try to install this pkg and OBS crash on opening. Try to reinstall OBS, since i'm not able to uninstall the plugin, but OBS don't want to open, or crash...

I have to say that I can only run OBS 18 on my mac for now.

Any help?

Thanks!

ubdrmade

Greetings All,
So I have successfully installed the package and made the Virtual Cam show up under the TOOL menu. Before I try to sort out the Hangouts, ZOOM bit of the operation, I have run into a roadblock or loop...

So I need to use my iOS devices as a source. The main reason is I'm an engraver/jeweler, I own a trinocular microscope, and I use the iPhone to record the object that's being work on underneath my microscope. The "tri" part of the name is because the microscope has a third viewing tube that is picked up by the iPhone that's paired with a lense adaptor. In addition I wanted to use my iPad for a regular, overall shot of my bench while the tri tube picks up the close up work.

That said, I had to download the OSB Camera App that allows this iOS webcam functionality. From what I gather about the package installer version is that its an older version of OBS (maybe pre-OSB Camera App), so I'm not able to use either devices as a webcam or from the source list option in the updated version (iOS Camera). So, I install the Virtual Cam package, go to the source list with no iOS Camera, forced to run an update to get the iOS Camera source functionality but the Virtual Cam option goes away under TOOLS. Any solutions to that?

The main objective is to use the iOS as webcams, be able to have both going at the same time (think picture in picture), before I even try to connect Hangouts to have a Master Engraver give me instruction.

ctdavid

I have installed the Virtual CAM linked from the github issue #23. So far it seems to be working for Skype and Google Hangouts running in Chrome after restarting my Mac laptop.
However, all the video output by the virtual camera is flipped horizontally. This is easy to see when grabbing a browser window as the source. Any suggestions on how to un-flip the video?
I'm doing the same thing and I'm not sure why this is happening but the horizontal Flip setting under the Virtual Camera OBS setting under TOOLS needs to be DISABLED. So, once you do that, it will look fine in OBS and in Hangouts. The challenge is how do you test that? The ONLY way I knew that I was flipped horizontally was that someone on the videocall mentioned it and luckily I could correct it in real-time. Is there a way to test the Hangouts stream?

OlogyCrew

I wish i could un-install this plugin it has my whole system acting weird, No audio when it was great before and can't get on You tube for some reason wont load any video i try to play, it worked but messed everything else up!

Wmac

i have installed the package for a virtual cam but under tools no option shows up. iHave reinstalled OBS and tried again but to no avail. I am wondering if using OBS will be able work with SreamYard? Having a virtual cam to use?

pasantander88

Hello, I am looking for technical help. I have set the OBS virtual camera to 1080x1920 to stream live on hangouts. The problem is that the video transmission is transmitted horizontally. I need it to be projected vertically because they are videos recorded with mobiles and they have the dimension that I mentioned. Is there any way to fix it? Please, if there is someone providing technical help services, you can contact me and I will pay. Thank you