Virtual Background By AISegment

Virtual Background By AISegment 1.0

aisegment

Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly.
My resource has been showing that for the past week.

m4dhd

The instructions were followed, no filter properties are available.

Has anyone got this to work?

m4dhd

New version is working and it looks really good!

Though some issues I'm noticing: When camera is set to 1080 @30fps
Average time to render frame is very high 12-15ms
High CPU usage sitting around 15-20%
Encoder lag, so I don't think this would be ideal for streaming or recording.

Downscaling to 720 @60fps may work this is reducing the encoder lag to between 8-11ms
Didn't get the encoder overload here, though I only tested this for a short period of time and recording desktop.

edit: some other things that happen, changing settings to the source video causes OBS to crash
to get around this I have to delete the effect filter, then make changes before applying the filter again
on start up it doesn't work, I have to delete the filter and then apply it again

Overall I think this is great, though maybe best used for some as a virtual camera, and not so much screen recording or streaming.

Attachments

• 2022-10-01 13-21-13.txt
    60.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 2022-10-01 13-21-13.txt
    66.9 KB · Views: 50
New version is working and it looks really good!

Though some issues I'm noticing: When camera is set to 1080 @30fps
Average time to render frame is very high 12-15ms
High CPU usage sitting around 15-20%
Encoder lag, so I don't think this would be ideal for streaming or recording.

Downscaling to 720 @60fps may work this is reducing the encoder lag to between 8-11ms
Didn't get the encoder overload here, though I only tested this for a short period of time and recording desktop.

edit: some other things that happen, changing settings to the source video causes OBS to crash
to get around this I have to delete the effect filter, then make changes before applying the filter again
on start up it doesn't work, I have to delete the filter and then apply it again

Overall I think this is great, though maybe best used for some as a virtual camera, and not so much screen recording or streaming.
I agree! I think that the key here would be to have the option to offload encoding to the GPU - the CPU figures out the plan, the GPU executes it. I don't know enough to know if it's possible, but I sure hope so, because, other than the lag, this is a perfect blur.

MrGrimlockTV

So this new version works fantastically however it's meant for more powerful GPUs. I have a 1650 and it lags me down to 35 fps in OBS. So watch out for that guys

HI,
I'm trying to install this on a Win 10 virtual machine. I see the desstiation path leads to a folder called, "force", but don't see it. I am not a programmer and my host machine is a Mac, so any help would be appreciated. Below are the directions I am following:

First, download the zip file: AI_remove_bg
Then, unzip the AI_remove_bg.zip file in the OBS directory
e.g. C:\Program Files\obs-studio, for example: > Expand-Archive .\AI_remove_bg.zip -DestinationPath 'C:\Program Files\obs-studio' -Force

Thanks in advance!

Son of a Gun

I tried this pugin and results are really stunning good ... much better than e.g. what MS Teams does.
BUT: while running this plugin I noticed connections to chinese IP's ??? This is just when running this plugin ... may be someone else noticed this and can confirm ? Or even better: explain why this seems to be the case ?

Tonny Sarmento

Would there be a possibility for the Plugin to use GPU resources? Virtual Background By AISegment 1.0 Plugin normally uses CPU resources.

JIMS-44

I fairly new to OBS does anyone have a step by step for adding this feature from start to finish? I am a newbee please help!

Quinn_Jolinar

Hello there!

The plug-in makes OBS crash since yesterday evening.
It's very sad considering it's my only good option to blur my background...

Videobuff

Hello there!

The plug-in makes OBS crash since yesterday evening.
It's very sad considering it's my only good option to blur my background...
In the meantime, give the “Composite Blur” plugin a try. Very easy to use and has a background blur option….