Question / Help Video Source Color Banding in Studio

Weirdlings

I hope someone here can help me out after I've hammered my head against the wall for weeks.
We started streaming with OBS Classic and need to move to OBS Studio, but for some reason it looks like the color format is off. The exact same sources work fine in Classic but not in Studio. Here's the setup in Classic...
obs-classic.jpg

and the exact same setup in Studio...
obs-studio.jpg

If you look closely you can see the the Studio version has red and green lines running through the video sources. But everything works great in Classic.
I'm using a Magewell Quad-HDMI capture card. Video card is NVIDIA GTX 760. Running Windows 10 version 1607 (BUILD 14393.576). The cameras are Canon VIXIA R600 and R700. We're using powered HDMI cables from the cameras to the computer. I've checked the color format of the cameras and OBS and they seem to match. There are some subtle differences in Classic and STudio, like Classic is using I420 as the output format while Studio is NV12, but changing that doesn't fix anything. I've uploaded a log file ...
https://gist.github.com/e48b43bf806245d5dfddabc701abf0b3
I did notice these lines at the end of the log but no idea what to do...
"13:57:21.473: Video Capture Device: DecodeDeviceId failed
13:57:21.474: Video Capture Device: Video configuration failed"

We really need to move to Studio to take advantage of other functions but I can't until we find a solution. Can anyone please help?

C-Dude

does this happen in the stream/recording or just in the preview window? Also try seeing if the stream/recording has it with all the color formats and try both color spaces of 601 and 709

Weirdlings

That worked! Thank you so much for pointing me to that thread. If anyone else sees this, the steps I took were...
1. Change "Resolution/FPS type" to 'Custom'
2. Type in 1920x1080 in "Resolution" (I'm sure that would be whatever your input actually is)
3. Change "Video Format" to YUY2
4. Change "YUV Color space" to '709'

I'm sure these values depend on your actual input but I'm guessing the steps are the same. Thanks again for all the help!

You can try to set custom settings to 'Video Capture Device' source (type custom resolution and then specify format).

similar to this:
Pro Capture Quad HDMI Color Problems
Magewell OBS Studio Colour problem, Help Please