Bug Report Video-Sound async.

Dragon

Yesterday async problem appeared again (v. 042a). I even used Video/Audio Sync Fix. This async is no more than 1-1.5 sec but it annoys. The only one thing that was changed is the sound card. I changed integrated Realtek with Sound Blaster SB0102, but mic is still used on integrated one (I'm not sure this info is useful, but anyway it can help).

Where can I upload log files, it seems that one contains info on a problem.

Dragon

Today I've made some experiment with integrated sound card and my SB Live card. I stream with mic on integrated card and main sound through SB. There's async with such configuration. And my voice with video seems to be earlier than the rest sound. When I switched main sound to integrated sound card video-sound async disappeared.

I don't really know what can be done here and what data you need for more thorough investigation, but if there's any, just say what to provide you with.

Thank you.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
does this happen with a webcam or something? if so, some webcams can experience a sync issue. the most immediate solution I think is to provide an option to delay mic sound by specific time

Dragon

Jim said:
does this happen with a webcam or something? if so, some webcams can experience a sync issue. the most immediate solution I think is to provide an option to delay mic sound by specific time
No, just two sound cards: integrated Realtek and external Sound Blaster. Realtek is used by mic and SB is used for main sound. If I use only integrated sound for mic and sound, no async happens.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Using two devices -- hmm. not sure what to think about it. I should probably test this sort of stuff with multiple devices -- I always disable my onboard whenever I use a sound card as it's an unnecessary system hog to have two. Does this happen only when you use the multiple sound devices (integrated and sound card)?

Dragon

Jim said:
Does this happen only when you use the multiple sound devices (integrated and sound card)?
Yes. When I use both cards and in the following schema: integrated card for mic only and sound card for all sound (mic recordings transferred to sound card) async happens. Mic recording and video are shown in normal way, but ingame sound comes in a 1 sec and the more I stream the more async between video and ingame sound.

I didn't try vice verse schema either mic on sound card and sound on integrated card or both sound and mic on sound card (with or not turned off integrated card). Unfortunately there's a need in the first described schema.

Hope I didn't confuse you :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
well fortunately for you guys I can maybe figure out what's going on with this, because I also have a soundcard and have access to motherboard sound -- though I disable my motherboard sound