Video Quality not improving despite changing settings

MrMagnetix

I'm currently having some issues where no matter what I do to the Video settings, the quality of the Image does not improve. Currently on CQP level 15. If I increase to 5, the file size increases as it should, but the quality stays the same. If I change to CBR, same thing: No matter the Bitrate, the quality doesnt change and stays blurry/pixelated. My hardware is not overloading whatsoever.

Read some other Forum posts as well - Game mode under Windows settings is enabled, Removed Downscaling the image, but no luck so far

Any ideas? Im kinda at a standstill right now...

[Log attached]

Attachments

• 2024-01-19 23-41-56.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 16

LBro

I am here with a similar issue. I want to use "Display Capture" as my source. When I do, my resultant video quality is fuzzy or blurry. I have changed every setting I know of and nothing changes at all. I am wondering if my display running at 2k is the issue? What res are you running? I am at 2560x1440.

Thanks,
LB

LBro

On my end it looks like it was the resolution settings. Once I matched what my display was in OBS, it got much sharper. I would think it should be better though. But I will take the improvement!

LB

MrMagnetix

The resolution set in OBS it the same as my 2k Monitor. I downscaled it to 1080p previously, but changed it back. The quality didnt change however

sandrix

Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.