Video guide streaming with Elgato Game Capture HD and OBS

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Re: Video guide streaming with Elgato Game Capture HD and OB

I don't think you HAVE to make it a global source...that's only useful if you're going to use it in multiple scenes, or if you need it to stay loaded when you're not looking at it for some reason.

I also think the guide would have been better if you started with an blank layout and showed everyone what it would have looked like to add it yourself, rather than just the finished setup. Just some feedback.

dodgepong said:
I don't think you HAVE to make it a global source...that's only useful if you're going to use it in multiple scenes, or if you need it to stay loaded when you're not looking at it for some reason.

I also think the guide would have been better if you started with an blank layout and showed everyone what it would have looked like to add it yourself, rather than just the finished setup. Just some feedback.

True, you don't need to add it as a Global source but because of how long it takes to initialize (3 to 4 seconds in most cases) I believe there's no harm in putting it as a global to stop it reinitializing every time you switch between a game scene and AFK or whatever else.

I also agree that starting from a blank scene would have been better.

It's probably the only thing out there for the Elgato GCHD and OBS so thanks for putting it up for others to see :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

Frostshocker said:
True, you don't need to add it as a Global source but because of how long it takes to initialize (3 to 4 seconds in most cases) I believe there's no harm in putting it as a global to stop it reinitializing every time you switch between a game scene and AFK or whatever else.
Fair enough, though if that's the case then it would have been helpful to explain that.

it was kind of glitching out on me a few times with the screen region on the scene as well for some reason so I just did it this way:)

Abbner

I am having issues trying to get my Elgato to work with OBS. I see may PS3 on my TV screen and then as soon as I hit Preview or Start Streaming, the screen goes black on my TV and I see the Elgato image on OBS and it says "No Signal" but as soon as I turn off the Stream or stop preview my PS3 comes back on to my TV. If I x out of OBS and pull up my Elgato software then it runs just fine.