Video continues recording but image freezes

bbernasconi

I am using a PC, a Sony FX30 as my main camera, and a RodeCaster Pro for audio (with 4 mics). I set OBS up and press record, the video records perfectly with the audio and then after maybe 15 minutes, the image freezes but the video continues to capture the audio coming through the RodeCaster. So the end product is a video that is full length but the second half (supposing it is a 30 minute video) is a still (frozen) image of whatever was on the screen at the time OBS froze.

Once this situation occurs, I have to force OBS to quit and then restart the computer to get OBS to recognize the camera again. If I do not restart the camera and only just re open OBS, the camera that was working perfectly before just shows as a black screen (as though the camera is turned off).

I need to get this fixed or . . . what? I know OBS is working because it captures the first 15 minutes of video AND audio just fine. And then, for no appearent reason, no more video and audio only. Why does the image randomly freeze?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am incredibly frustrated over here.

Jay Keefer

I have similar issues occasionally, and have found 2 things that work to fix it, at least most of the time.
While a different camera, graphic, or video source is live;
1) Open the Settings on the frozen camera, deactivate it and click ok, then open settings again and Activate it; this seems to kick-start the video drivers.
2) Unplug the camera connection from your PC or video switcher, then plug it back in. You may have to open Settings and re-select the camera
At least you do not have to interrupt your stream , as you would by shutting down the PC or OBS.

Hope this helps!