Question / Help Video capture vga to thunderbolt or usb

mikeg

All, I am using OBS to stream our church service on fb and am using a Black Magic extreme to capture video from a dslr camera. Works great, but we also have slide media (graphics, powerpoints, etc) available from our projector in vga. What capture device would you all recommend to capture video with vga in, to either thunderbolt or usb out so I can plug into my MAC. i have looked, but cannot find the same Black Magic box I am using now. It accepts HDMI and vga in, and thunderbolt out. I assume it would work if I had another like it, but it is apparently no longer available. I am hoping to superimpose the slide frame onto my video feed perhaps in a smaller window in the corner of the screen along with the speaker. Any help you have would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Glen England

All, I am using OBS to stream our church service on fb and am using a Black Magic extreme to capture video from a dslr camera. Works great, but we also have slide media (graphics, powerpoints, etc) available from our projector in vga. What capture device would you all recommend to capture video with vga in, to either thunderbolt or usb out so I can plug into my MAC. i have looked, but cannot find the same Black Magic box I am using now. It accepts HDMI and vga in, and thunderbolt out. I assume it would work if I had another like it, but it is apparently no longer available. I am hoping to superimpose the slide frame onto my video feed perhaps in a smaller window in the corner of the screen along with the speaker. Any help you have would be very appreciated. Thank you!

Mikeg did you ever find a solution for this? We are using a Mac Pro 1,1 (heavily upgraded) but need a way to get a VGA source from our stage lyrics projector if possible as an input for OBS.
I do not think we can use NDI at least not yet.
Thanks in advance.