Video but no Audio from capture device (Nintendo Switch)

YukiMiku

Hey all,
I've been scouring the forums for 2 hours now and I can't seem to solve this issue.
I bought this capture card from amazon to use to record gameplays on my switch, only issue is that while the video works:
Properties - Video.png

The audio, on the other hand, does. not. work. at. all.

Here's what I made sure to do before posting this thread:

1) In properties, I chose in Audio Output Mode "capture audio only"
Properties - Audio.png

2) Also in properties, under Audio Device, I chose the "Digital Audio Interface (2 - USB Digital Audio)"
3) In Advanced Audio Properties, I made sure to select "Monitor and Output"
Advanced Audio Properties.png

But, in my audio mixer, there's no indication that there's audio (it still remains at 0.0 dB):
Capture Card and Audio Mixer.png

This is extremely frustrating, so ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

YukiMiku

To those still looking for a solution, my friend jokingly asked if I tried "taking it out and plugging it in again?"
Well, I unplugged the capture card and the HDMI cable, replugged the HDMI and capture-card into a different USB slot and well, it. fricking. worked.
Here's a solution I hope works out for some of y'all.

iyan0_0

To those still looking for a solution, my friend jokingly asked if I tried "taking it out and plugging it in again?"
Well, I unplugged the capture card and the HDMI cable, replugged the HDMI and capture-card into a different USB slot and well, it. fricking. worked.
I tried this and it didn't work, any other suggestions that you might have heard of? I'm tryign to fix mine currently D:

Narciii

You should try to put the WaveOut or Direct Sound in your capture card properties you will hear the sound of your game in your headphones and then add your headphones as a mic source
thats how i stream with mine it works

Rafb85

You should try to put the WaveOut or Direct Sound in your capture card properties you will hear the sound of your game in your headphones and then add your headphones as a mic source
thats how i stream with mine it works

Do you have your headset plugged into the nintendo switch ?

I found a definitive solution to streaming from cheap capture cards to discord as well! The steps given by Narciii above do work for streaming to Twitch etc but do not work for streaming to Discord and calling platforms if you just wanna stream to a small group of friends. I managed to find instructions on how to do so here, buried under many useless facts and cut-off posts.
To summarise:
1) Under Properties of your Audio Device, select either WaveOut or DirectSound as Audio Output Device.
2) Tick "Use Custom Audio Device" and select the name of your device — for me it's "Digital Audio Interface (USB Digital Audio)".
3) Right click on your Preview and go down to "Fullscreen Projector (Preview)" or "Windowed Projector (Preview)".
4) Select your desired resolution.
5) Switch windows to your Discord/Call app and stream the Projector Preview window.

Now you have a high quality audiovisual stream and your mic is left open to talk!

nosoyjan

Hey all,
I've been scouring the forums for 2 hours now and I can't seem to solve this issue.
I bought this capture card from amazon to use to record gameplays on my switch, only issue is that while the video works:
View attachment 68504
The audio, on the other hand, does. not. work. at. all.

Here's what I made sure to do before posting this thread:

1) In properties, I chose in Audio Output Mode "capture audio only"
View attachment 68501
2) Also in properties, under Audio Device, I chose the "Digital Audio Interface (2 - USB Digital Audio)"
3) In Advanced Audio Properties, I made sure to select "Monitor and Output"
View attachment 68502

But, in my audio mixer, there's no indication that there's audio (it still remains at 0.0 dB):
View attachment 68503

This is extremely frustrating, so ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!
I know i'm probably late, but: Try unplugging your headphones from the switch if you had them connected. Te capture card won't register the audio coming from the HDMI if you have something connected to the jack port.

It seems as if the only way to hear the game while also recording the audio is using a male jack to jack cable from the switch to your computer.

I couldn't try it myself because I don't have the cable, but if you do, this youtube tutorial might be useful: https://youtu.be/8aKrpRD69Fg

SkulzyXD

Holy crap I'm mad this worked lol, I should've tried this first instead of tweaking my pc audio for 30 minutes. Why did it work? I have NO idea but hey, I'm not questioning it!

Schilller

Holy crap I'm mad this worked lol, I should've tried this first instead of tweaking my pc audio for 30 minutes. Why did it work? I have NO idea but hey, I'm not questioning it!
Oh man, I made an account just to thank you for this and to YukiMiku. I repluged in the SAME usb device and it work. Have to remember for the future. It is interesting because I restarted the computer, and the switch, and no effect. But take off the video card and replugged it after 30 seconds, and now the sound works on the PC. Unbelivable!

AnotherxAndy

I don't know why, but this may also help.
Press windows key> search for "Change System Sounds">Click Recording tab on top>find your capture card and right click it>Properties>click Listen tab> check Listen To This Device box. Hope this helps.
1703950147833.png