Video & Audio Drift

josh02001

We set up a Live Stream For the Church Service and the Audio and Video drift out of Sync after we sync the Audio with either the OBS Sync Offset under Advance Properties or Voxengo Sound Delay. I make sure that they restart the computer prior to starting the service Live Stream to Facebook.

The Camera is a PTZ Optics and is being streamed to OBS Studio via RTSP with CBR and picture quality looks great and never degrades. Just the Audience notices that the Audio is out of Sync with the Video which ranges from 1.2 - 1.9 Seconds. Camera Settings attached

Device Timestamps is Unchecked. We are only using 1 Camera and 1 Audio Source no Switching.

Attached is the 9/23 when I did the Audio Sync, And 9/27 is when we came in and started the Stream the Audio was back out of Sync.

Any help or tips on a setting that I could change to make the Audio Stop Drifting would be appreciated. I have tried to make sure that the all the Video and Audio Settings match what the Sources are such as 1980x1080P, 30 FPS and 48000 Sample Rate for Audio, 128 Bit. Also I set the Processing to High. the Computer never goes above 40% CPU Usage and we only use OBS Studio during the Service no other Apps.

Attachments

• 2020-09-23 08-51-37.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 2020-09-27 08-18-48.txt
    28.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 1601215728440.png
    1601215728440.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 2020-09-23 08-51-37.txt
    32.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 2020-09-27 08-18-48.txt
    28.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Camera Settings.PNG
    Camera Settings.PNG
    35.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Camera info.PNG
    Camera info.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 146

HeavenGroovin

I will be watching this thread. I have been having a similar problem for a few weeks now. I keep adjusting the audio delay in OBS. I get it synced and it seems ok then the video and audio drift apart. It isn't gradual. The issue I am seeing happens instantly. Maybe the same problem. May be different. Sounds similar.

josh02001

I haven't quite figured out if it is a gradual drift or instant. It has been driving us nuts so I am planning on Syncing the Time each Day in the morning and coming back the next day to see if it is still in Sync. Cause I was setting it on like a Wednesday and by Sunday it was off Sync. But I am confused how with the computer off it would cause this issue.

It should in theory keep the memory cache / buffer empty and the sync would be the same as when I set it. (Just a guess)

qhobbes

0. If available via Windows Update, update to Windows 10 2004 per https://obsproject.com/blog/five-simple-tips-for-new-streamers
1. Run OBS as Admin
2. At least one of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Speakers (MOTU Pro Audio): 48000 Hz
In 1-2 (MOTU Pro Audio): 48000 Hz

To fix this, go to OBS Settings, Audio, General and set the Sample Rate to 48 kHz.
3. Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency, and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed. Restart OBS to reset buffering.

josh02001

There are several ways in how to fix the audio going out of sink.

Try this:
1. Do a quick local recoding and look at your drop frame count:
1601257307995.png

If you have have zero. let check another settings:
1601257383989.png

Make sure your fps is 29.97 if you are in the USA or use the Hz of your country PaL-M.

If still have problems. so this on the Advance Audio Property of OBS
1601257807338.png

Right click on the audio and select Advanced Audio Properties and then
1601257876859.png

Add 90, 100 or 120. try it. it should fix the sinc. If still having problems check how to build the best stream platform in InteractiveDNA YouTube Channel

rockbottom

A few things I noticed.

Double check your camera's 1080p encode settings. 20fps? Keyframe every second? Have you tried using H264?

Disable Game DVR (Windows)

You're running out of audio buffer immediately, with lots of memory leaks. The logs show Desktop Audio & the Media Source as cause of the buffering....

josh02001

Problem Resolved using the recommendations in this thread. I did multiple streams over several days to verify but most of the issues seems to be fixed after making sure all the Audio and Video Settings Matched and that Windows Game Mode was Disabled.