Vertical Scrolling option for text.

thetones

Hi, just a simple thing to add that would help me out, and it can give you something xsplit doesn't offer as well. A default unchecked box that says "vertical" next to scrolling speed that will instead of scrolling horizontally, scroll vertically. Maybe to build off of this someway you can put in the angle you wish for the scrolling to take place of and live crop into any shape. This would allow for such things as a scrolling diagonal triangle that is sure to scroll to make all text visible. And last suggestion off of that one, if it ever happens, is that you can then make a custom scrolling, think of it as a rollercoaster, where the text is positioned in such a way that it seems like a "camera" is following each word.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
4P4It33.png

Make sure you set your scroll speed to a negative number to make it scroll the right way.

thetones

Thanks for the help dodgepong but you misunderstood.

Imagine a paragraph of text on a website and scrolling down to read it.

Not making the words vertical and still scrolling horizontally. I mean the words staying horizontally but scrolling down instead of horizontal.

It's not for a single line of text entry but a .txt with multiple lines.

xucaen

sorry if I should not respond to this, I just wanted to say I was just trying to make horizontally scrolling text (like movie credits) and googled and found this thread.. Is this an option that is in the works? Or is there a trick I hadn't thought of to make it work?

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm, I think no active programmer found time to add this so far. But I know that the rewrite will give quite some more options to work with sources in general. Jim talked about a scripting system.
Of course anyone with the knowledge is open to commit and add this function to the original obs.

Nemesis851

Hmm, I think no active programmer found time to add this so far. But I know that the rewrite will give quite some more options to work with sources in general. Jim talked about a scripting system.
Of course anyone with the knowledge is open to commit and add this function to the original obs.

Has there been any progress on this "Ending Credits" type text scrolling?