VB Cable With OBS

Neo_uks

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up Virtual VB Cables on OBS so that it just listens to music through spotify and not the desktop. I've followed a guide that says to change the Spotify output to the Virtual VB cable. this essentially mutes Spotify on my desktop which is correct. The problem I have is when I open OBS. OBS seems to ignore the fact that I've directed Spotify through the VB cable. With OBS closed, I hear no spotify which is correct, with OBS open it seems to over ride Windows and plays spotify through the desktop.

If my explanation doesn't make sense, here is essentially what I'm trying to do.

Everything else works as expected, no problems UNTIL I open OBS and spotify instantly plays loud.

The purpose of this is to stream using OBS playing music from spotify live but spotify won't be picked up for the VOD, which I have also tested and works correctly. The only issue is Spotify playing when OBS is playing!

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Jynn

Not sure that I understand your issue - is audio monitoring off in OBS? I'm sorry if that's a basic question, but I do know I've had issues where OBS says audio monitoring is off but it still plays through my desktop speakers. Having both monitoring and live audio is fine if you want it on the headphones AND the livestream, not so good if it's coming through the open speakers. again, is that what you mean? sorry if I've misunderstood.

Lawrence_SoCal

To clarify Jynn's comments - in OBS Audio Source - Advanced Audio properties option regarding - Monitor and Output
OBS Audio related articles
Most importantly, are you violating Spotify terms of service re-transmitting the music like that?

eXorQ

Problem with Monitoring output is that it's not incorporating the delay. I'm trying to add a delay so that the stream audio (coming from a mixer) is in sync with the stream video (coming from two security camera's used as streaming camera's) that's being send to the Virtual Camera.

For me, even a separate output audio device would help tremendously, so I can output it, WITH delay, to a VB-cable that I can use as Audio Input for a streaming program next to the Virtual Camera as Video Input.