VAAPI and AMF drivers not working on 7900xtx

ajawad

Whenever I try to use the VAAPI encoder from FFMPEG on EndeavourOS (arch fork) OBS crashes with an error.

I also tried installing "obs-studio-amf" to use amd encoders directly but the package seems to not exist anymore and when it did, it would never compile. Does anyone know a solution?

Attachments

• error.txt
    595 bytes · Views: 24

Library_Science

Some packages in the AUR may help, look for obs-vaapi. Make sure that once it's installed you use the Advanced and not the Simplified streaming settings.

I'm currently digging through all of the forums looking for someone who has a working configuration. So far, no luck. I know that you have to set the option that defaults to 66 to 100 though. I miss the AMF encoder so much.

Reporting that obs with VAAPI encoder is broken for me as well on Arch. Tried everything I can, using the pacman packages, AUR, flatpak, even reverting to obs 30.1 didn't fix it.

Hardware is 7900XTX and 7800X3D, drivers up to date, trying to use advanced mode and recording why encoder gives me this error:
An unspecified error occurred while recording.
Failed to open video codec: Invalid argument
Running both "vainfo" and "gst-inspect-1.0 va" list all the vaapi profiles/encoders, so it looks to me like something is causing OBS to not pick them up, I don't think that the package with the encoders themselves are broken.