Question / Help Using soundflower on mac

Reallifecat

I can't post guides so Admin please move this!

Here is how I got Soundflower working:
1: Go to https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases and download latest version
2: Install soundflower
3: Click the little magnifying glass icon in the top right and search for "Audio MIDI Setup"
4: Once in the Audio Midi Setup click on the plus sign and click create Multi-Output Device
5: Then check Built in output and Soundflower, then select the Multi-Output Device and click the little cog and select play sound though this device.
6: Once you have done all that, open OBS and then settings
7: Goto the audio section and change the "Desktop Audio Device" to Soundflower (2ch)
8: Go stream with sound!

Hope this helps!
Cat

P.S This does not affect your input, so your Mic will work the same.

AldermanFarms

Thanks very much for this! I've done as you suggested, and when performing a streaming test, viewers first reported jumbled music that seemed to be playing over itself. I went back into the MIDI setup and unchecked "Built in Output," then actually went back in to OBS and just selected Soundflower 2ch as the Desktop audio source. Now viewers are telling me there is a bad echo (FYI, mic is off - only sound on is the Desktop Audio). Thanks in advance!

Reallifecat

Thanks very much for this! I've done as you suggested, and when performing a streaming test, viewers first reported jumbled music that seemed to be playing over itself. I went back into the MIDI setup and unchecked "Built in Output," then actually went back in to OBS and just selected Soundflower 2ch as the Desktop audio source. Now viewers are telling me there is a bad echo (FYI, mic is off - only sound on is the Desktop Audio). Thanks in advance!
Are you using the latest version of Soundflower? Also is the sound playing though the Multi-Output Device?

Could you DM me your stream so I can listen in?

Reallifecat

Audio Control gets disabled while using multichannel device to you have manually change left and right manually.

Spencer Hayes

Everything looks correct on my end but I receive no audio through the output in OBS.

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 12.44.54 AM.png

Wowee

I use Audio Hijack. Works very well and is easy to set up.

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,360

Zakattack08

I can't post guides so Admin please move this!

Here is how I got Soundflower working:
1: Go to https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases and download latest version
2: Install soundflower
3: Click the little magnifying glass icon in the top right and search for "Audio MIDI Setup"
4: Once in the Audio Midi Setup click on the plus sign and click create Multi-Output Device
5: Then check Built in output and Soundflower, then select the Multi-Output Device and click the little cog and select play sound though this device.
6: Once you have done all that, open OBS and then settings
7: Goto the audio section and change the "Desktop Audio Device" to Soundflower (2ch)
8: Go stream with sound!

Hope this helps!
Cat

P.S This does not affect your input, so your Mic will work the same.
when i do this i have a buzzing noise beneath the audio playing