Question / Help Using OBS with AVerMedia RECentral

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me out.

Recently, I purchased an AVerMedia Live Capture Portable to capture gameplay from my Xbox One. The driver software the capture card uses is a program called AVerMedia RECentral. When I try to add the gameplay window from the program as a source on OBS, all I'm getting is a black screen. Has anyone else experienced this? It's annoying because I'm having to use sub-region to capture the window and video quality is suffering a lot from it? Thanks!.

BaldeagleUK

I'm guessing you mean the 'live gamer portable', I use one to stream and record my xbox gaming. You need to download the 'live gamer portable stream engine' and install. Its on the avermedia downloads page. Then set it to the parameters you want (ie. Resolution and bitrate), although I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but better safe than sorry.

In OBS, add 'Video Capture Device' as a source and select the 'AverMedia C875 Capture' (I'm using the OBS MP version), then set your bitrate etc. in the setting. With your xbox on, and LGP connected you should see a preview. Adjust the preview if required, if I remember right when I first did mine it didn't fill the whole screen.

I hope that all makes sense.

I believe you actually have to select the stream engine as your video source, not the C875. Doing it your way captures the video straight off the card, which seems to cause stuttering in the audio.

BaldeagleUK

I believe you actually have to select the stream engine as your video source, not the C875. Doing it your way captures the video straight off the card, which seems to cause stuttering in the audio.

If your using the 'Multi Platform' version of OBS, the only option I get is 'C875'. I've had no issue with audio stutter.

You have to also use the 32-bit version of either version of OBS to use the stream engine. Every time I have tried not using the stream engine and pulled up the actual stream that people are seeing, it is completely unwatchable because of the stuttering.

Ok, I found out I'm using 32 bit and I downloaded the stream engine but when I try to open it, it says "No device detected.".