Using OBS Studio for sale

Twistriker

We from Intel marketing agency in Korea, and have 3 questions about using OBS Studio's Title for selling PC.

Is it acceptable to use title 'OBS STUDIO purpose only' or 'OBS STUDIO Verified PC' for online shopping PC shopping mall site?
If Q1 is acceptable, is there recommended PC Options (CPU, M/B, Ram, VGA, and etc.)?
If Q1 is acceptable, Could OBS Studio Site can expose a tab or an ad banner regarding 'PC for OBS Studio is selling at certain shopping mall'?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
There is no "verification" program for making "OBS Studio Verified" computers, so no, you cannot say that. You can say a computer is compatible with OBS Studio, or that OBS Studio can run on the computer, but you cannot in any way suggest that a computer is sponsored by or endorsed by OBS Studio or the OBS Project. We have no interested in selling ad space to advertise such computers on our site.

Personally, for running OBS, I recommend at least a quad-core CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a dedicated GPU. But these are personal recommendations, and it should not be taken to mean that any computer that matches these specs is endorsed by OBS or even guaranteed to work with OBS.

Twistriker

oh, I had wrong use of vocab. what I meant was 'OBS Studio compatible' or 'PC for broadcasting via OBS Studio' is more appropriate.

To make it sure,

1. YOU are not interested in selling ad space at your website
2. OBS Compatible, or Broadcasting via OBS is more appropriate to the selling PC, but cannot suggest that the PC is sponsored or endorse by OBS
3. No interest in selling ads
4. And dedicated GPU means external GPU, such as GTX series

This is right?

Thank you for your answers.

Last edited:

Suslik V

"verification" program - here is complex of organizing measures. "Suitable for broadcasting" - I think is better wording. My own thoughts.