Using DSLR right inside OBS

styler2go

Hello,

i would like to use OBS for YouTube Livestreams because of the fantastic speed and quality.

Is there any possibility to add a Canon DSLR to OBS without any third-party program or screen recording?
I want the DSLR-Footage in Fullscreen and in the best Quality possible so a screen-recording would not be the best solution..

My Camera has a Tool to control and see the through the camera, but this "preview" is way too small. The Camera can be connected via HDMI or USB, i would prefer USB. I don't know how i could record the HDMI Signal.

(Size of preview from canon program: https://db.tt/cPpybqFA)
Greetings,
Styler2go

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Canon's preview mode is proprietary and there don't appear to be any directshow drivers for it. So you're out of luck unless you use a HDMI capture card.

styler2go

Thanks four your reply,

There are some Open Source Programs which includes these Preivews.
Would it be possible to create a plugin for OBS out of them?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Interesting.

Perhaps it's possible for someone to implement a plugin for it, in that case, but I don't think it will be added directly to OBS. In the meantime, you should be able to capture with that program and then use Window capture with OBS to capture it in OBS.

styler2go

I don't think it will be a great Quality (thats the reason for a DSLR)...
I would like to stream in FullHD. I maybe should search for a HDMI Grabber.

Thanks for your replies!

LooktotheRight

Sorry if it's too late but you can use Sparkocam and it'll appear as a camera input in OBS. You have to buy it to get rid of the watermark, though. Full 1080p

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxize

Sorry to bump such old topic, but when you connect your Canon DSLR through USB (AV Port), you wont get 1080p out of it with 30fps. Its much lower, because i tried it. Its more like 640p with 25 fps max or so. The usb2.0 is the limiting factor here.

If you face Sparkocam with this info, they have no answer.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
The camera would need to have a chip that can compress the input to fit 1080p/30fps through USB2.0. But if it has an HDMI output (mini or whatever) just get a capture card with the necessary capabilities.