Question / Help USB mic recognised on system but not recording sound

SJS

Hi. I purchased a USB Streaming Podcast PC Microphone, VeGue professional 192KHZ/24Bit Studio Cardioid Condenser Mic Kit (VG-016). I have set all the PC chaneels to recognise it and on OBS I can see it is picking up signal. But, its not working. When I tried to record, it was showing signal but it was not recording any sound. I am told I do not need a USB Audio Interface with this mic. I have spoken to VeGue and they cant give me anymore direction. have spent most of today, playing with settings, etc. But no joy. Hoping someone on here may be able to point me in the right direction.

carlmmii

Only add your microphone for one of your devices. It looks like you have it set for global Mic/Aux 1,2,3, and 4, as well as have it included as an extra audio input source in your scene. One only.

Go to Windows Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone, and make sure you have "Allow apps to access your microphone" enabled, and have OBS listed underneath and enabled.

Then go to Windows Settings -> System -> Sound -> Sound Control Panel. Go to the Recording tab. Double-click on your microphone to open the properties. Click on the Advanced tab, and set these 2 things:
- Set your Sample rate to 48,000hz (it is currently set to 192,000hz, which could be causing resampling issues)
- Uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

SJS

Hello Carlmmii

Thank you, for some reason its not letting me change the sample rate to 48,000hz. It will for the desktop mic but not the USB. Have made the other changes you advised.
Most frustrating!

carlmmii

Wait a second, you say OBS is picking up the mic, but what do you actually mean by "it was showing signal but it was not recording any sound"? Does the meter respond to your voice input, or is it staying stationary/very low? Are you recording multi-track audio?

Post a log file from a recording attempt. The current logs do not have this information.

SJS

Hi. In answer...Yes, yes, yes and no. Will do a recording. Thank you very much for responding!