USB-connected Panasonic AW-UE4 camera lags inside OBS

wrf_pastor

Hello Friends:

I've searched for other threads reporting this issue and can't find anything, so here goes: I am trying to get a Panasonic AW-UE4 camera (electronic pan/tilt/zoom) working inside OBS. At present I have it connected via USB to a PC running OBS 26.1.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 and MATE. This camera also has Ethernet/PoE and HDMI ports, but I don't have the right HDMI-USB converter, so need to be able to use USB at least to begin with (and long-term, I would prefer to).

The problem: I am seeing a delay of maybe 2-3 seconds in the video signal. I have seen this same result with a Logitech USB webcam that we tried awhile back. I've confirmed that there is no delay with HDMI (having borrowed the converter from our other camera's signal chain). I do NOT see the delay in the camera's own HTTP interface, Cheese or the Zoom preview window. So it appears that OBS is creating the lag.

Any clues on what may be happening here?

wrf_pastor

OK, after realizing I had forgotten to post the log file in the OP, I looked at the log, and then at my settings. For this camera, I had "Close when inactive" unticked (i.e., set to 'no'). Once I ticked it, THE LAG GOES AWAY.

Hope this might help some other user at some point! If only posting a problem in a forum was all that was needed to fix some other problems...