"Updated" YouTube Chat-Room Captures

All Versions "Updated" YouTube Chat-Room Captures

Sam Betteridge

Hey Sam!How did you do the styling in the chat??

In CLR browser under the CSS tab. If you scroll down a bit there's a section titled "Text style". I increased the font size a bit, set the font-family to 'Titillium Web', sans-serif, added a "font-weight" property and set it to 700, and set text-shadow to "none" as I wasn't a massive fan of the stroke around the font.

CSS.png

There's other options further up like text color etc. But I decided to leave them as they were as I was quite happy with that already. I just can't figure out how to remove that gap between the usernames and messages!

DeathWhitch

Is there a way to have the chat Show up on screen when someone types a msg and then fade away after X number of seconds. Like the bots do for twitch instead of having chat constantly on screen

cabooble

Thank you for this. Thank you!
I have an issue; when I switch scenes (to full screen game without chat, say) and back to scene w/ CLR browser including chat, the CLR browser does not load the chat properly. Instead of having my transparent chat Source, I have a big, ugly, white rectangle with the "Switch to night more in YouTube Gaming" message at the top. I have to open the CLR Browser Configuration properties, click "OK," and THEN the chat window goes transparent and chat is loaded. Please help!

TiberiusJonez

For those using OBS MP, this is even easier for NOOBS to use now as you only have to copy the CSS code into the "CSS" window of the CLR browser configuration box (the bottom area of the same place you copied your pop-out chat URL to) if you want to use it now.
YouTubeChatCSS.jpg

Arokhaerr

I tried this method but strangely that chat window wont update for me whenever i type into it. In OBS it stays at exactly that chat position when i started that Source. :(

Jakub72

Hihi, I came to thank you for this YouTube chat and have a few questions to ask.

Is it possible to keep the Black background behind the chat instead of making it transparent? For example, KapChat has a mode called "BetterTTV Dark" which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Also, is there any way to merge the Youtube and Twitch chats into one chat to appear within KapChat at the same time? My computer can't handle having two separate chats open and I've been searching for a feature like this. Your page seems to be the closest I've found.

Setup

If you are having issues with the text-shadow in every new line being cut off after changing the font, you can add this to the CSS to have the shadows being displayed properly:

.live-chat-widget .comment .content{
overflow:visible !important;
}

Bull 1the1Great

hello everyone ... that thing does work but , I guess I am using it for the wrong purpose ... I would like to be able to see the actual chat window while I am in the game , in the STEAM game , so i can see what the people write during my gameplay ...

Purpleman101

I'm having an issue where the background isn't transparent, no matter how many times I copy/paste the URL or the CSS code. Is there any solution you could think of for this?

Shafi

I used this for 5 months now and it stopped working today. I think youtube updated something. The Chat is no longer transparent.

Can someone post an update to the CSS or point me towards a new alternative for transparent chat on youtube live streams?

3XistencE

Hi guys, i have the Same problem here too.
I'm checking the google live chat API in order to understand if they updated it someway.
All the code css doesn't work anymore right about now:
no font size changes,
no transparent background.

If you can check it and do an update the community will be glad
thanks
best regards

ShitSun

ShitSun updated "Twitch-Like" YouTube Chat-Room Captures with a new update entry:

[Updates] YouTube Chat-Room Captures

Hello everyone,
Since YouTube update the chat,
my tutorial and CSS code no longer work.
I'm not going to update my code.

Instead, I'm now using this: http://chatv2.septapus.com/
It is way better than I've done before.
You can easily customise your own chat-room,
Font style, color, size, avatar size.
Just give it a try.

Thank all of you for using my method before.

Best regards,
Zer0br1ne

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Ruy

With OBS Studio it works fine, but in OBS Classic, the chat doesn't fade out after the specified time.

HawkSFX

So how exactly do I set this up in Studio? Add a CLR Browser & then what?

Last edited:

Dany Piano

Hello,
It works great! Thank you.
I wanted to know if there is a way to highlight specific words. I would like to have different text color and background when a user types "Hello!" or "Congratulation".

Cheers.

naseem

i'm from the future 2019 :D we have a problem with the chat style generator its not working with the new YouTube chat that is located in the new live control room. it only work with classic YouTube Studio setup