Unspecified error while recording

Kreiseljustus

Hey all!
First time im actually having a problem with OBS. Im trying to record using the custom output with ffmpeg but it seems like something is not working.
1717839815387.png

These are my settings. The filename is always the same (LATEST.bmp) so i thought that may be the problem and tried adding the "-y" flag to the video encoder settings but it seems like its not doing anything. Im pretty new when it comes to using ffmpeg so help would be appreciated!

koala

I don't see any way to make OBS silently overwrite files with the image2 output it just created. The proper usage is to use the ffmpeg file mask feature to specify a sequence of files, such as img%05d.jpg to let the app create filenames like img00001.jpg, img00002.jpg, ... , img99999.jpg.
Switch output type to "output to url" to be able to edit the file name, then enter it like this:
1717844655059.png

Kreiseljustus

I would really like to have just one file that gets overwritten everytime. Btw i found the logs:
13:15:09.796: ==== Recording Start ===============================================
13:15:09.847: process_packet: Error writing packet: Invalid argument
13:15:09.847: Output 'adv_ffmpeg_output': stopping
13:15:09.847: Output 'adv_ffmpeg_output': Total frames output: 2
13:15:09.847: Output 'adv_ffmpeg_output': Total drawn frames: 3

If it really shouldnt work i guess ill use the sequencing

koala

I tried different variations of the -y parameter (y, y=1, y=true) as well as some "overwite_output=true" parameter I found somewhere in connection with some python wrapper, in the muxer as well as in the encoder settings, but they were not recognized. Probably because they're no muxer and encoder settings but some global ffmpeg option, and global ffmpeg options cannot be entered in OBS, because OBS isn't ffmpeg and it's not calling ffmpeg.exe. It's just using the muxer and encoder libraries from ffmepg and is using their API.