Unlimited Audio Tracks

vasil7112

Dear OBS Devs,

I was wondering if anyone out there is interested into making a Plugin for OBS Studio that allows a user to have more than just 4 Audio Tracks.

You may be wondering, why does anyone need more than 4 Audio Tracks? Well, here is a thread that i created yesterday. Hopefully it will answer that question.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/multiple-tracks-desktop-audio-5-tracks.52296/#post-230089

Feel free to share your thoughts on this idea. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this and also to develop this (if you choose to).

Kind regards,
Vasil7112

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
I think I saw Jim mentioning that he wants to support more than 4 tracks in the future.
For example you could create an option to automatically create an audio track for each audio source that you have on your recording. And change the advanced audio properties to something like this:
OBS-Studio_Advanced_Audio_Properties_Idea.png

Of course I already see a problem if you add an audio device later. Not sure if you can create an audio track while a recording is already running for example.

vasil7112

I think I saw Jim mentioning that he wants to support more than 4 tracks in the future.
For example you could create an option to automatically create an audio track for each audio source that you have on your recording. And change the advanced audio properties to something like this:

Of course I already see a problem if you add an audio device later. Not sure if you can create an audio track while a recording is already running for example.

I was thinking of this or maybe making it similar to the multiple hotkeys. The user can pre-define multiple tracks before running the program and assign them to their correct positions when he needs to (which can work even when running).

I was able to get OBS source with the help of Osiris and a few more guys, and i was able to add a 5th Track. It works fine for me on recording. Now all i need to do is figure out if it works correctly on streaming.
(What i did is not as a plugin, i modified the source of OBS as a script kiddie :D )

Now, i know that it is planned for the future, but i was hoping that someone could temporary make a plugin so we have an alternative solution until this feature is implemented.

Syrkaz

Oh my! Do WANTTT! <3

Any timelines on this? :)