Unhandled exception: c0000005 - Stream Preview Frozen, disconnected, but OBS still responsive.

Archedas

Recently we have had various issues with OBS - some related to network issues but the latest has been a bit of a doozy.

While streaming (~2 hours into live or so) our OBS program (Now updated to 28.0.3) disconnected from streaming - no network issues however, and 0 dropped frames before or after. All the notice we had was that a windows error sound played, then everything disconnected / froze. The program never crashed and I could still interact, change scenes, open properties and such of various elements, however when trying to close OBS it fully became unresponsive and had to be killed via Task Manager in order to relaunch and reconnect to go live again.

After this occurred we had no further issues - however, I did notice that our scene transitions (using Move Transition 2.6.2 Plugin) seemed to be choppy or slow, however things appeared fine on stream (or, as fine as I could notice on a 144p phone scene).

Attached is the crash report from the above freeze and forced shutdown.

Hardware Specs
Motherboard: Z490-A PRO (MS-7C75) (BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 2.E0, 6/9/2022)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
Memory: 32GB (2x Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4-3600 BL16G36C16U4B.M8FB1)
Storage: 1TB (Samsung 860 EVO 1TB)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (12GB)

Attachments

• Crash 2022-09-30 21-12-12.txt
    150 KB · Views: 17

Archedas

A log file from the moment the crash happened is needed too. Please attach it.
Is that not what the crash report is?
If not - is there a specific way to generate a log file from a previous launch of OBS, or does it auto-generate a log file when the crash occurred that I can look for?

Archedas

I think I found the one you were requesting. Attached.

Unfortunately, since we went live immediately after, it appears that the log updated with the new stream launch - Crash occurred at 21:12:11 and first instance in the OBS log attached is at 21:13:23.411.

Attachments

• 2022-09-30 21-13-23.txt
    732.1 KB · Views: 20

PaiSand

You've an outdated plugin that needs to be updated or removed.
Run OBS as admin.

If you removed the plugin, then the most probably scenario is this plugin left unwanted files in %appdata%\obs-studio folder. Check and delete.
Unless you're recording several audio sources for later editing, use simple output mode. The fastest way is using the Auto-configuration Wizard, aplly the settings it gives, restart OBS (do restart it) and test again.

Issues with Move Transition should be asked to the creator/maintainer(s) of this plugin. Include the log file so they can see what's happening.

After fixin the outdated plugin issue test and see if this resolves the problem or somethign else need to be addressed.
And I wish someone in streamelements fix their things. So many log entries...

Archedas

I've gone ahead and fixed everything I was able in the log analyzer.

Currently, I'm running a local recording to see if I can make a current, longer log file (to see if any issues occur also) and have a longer log to go off.

I've changed over the NVIDIA driver to the Studio version (as we are not streaming gameplay of a video game) and we've double checked our OBS settings are all correct to what they should be when streaming.

I will run the analyzer and see if there are any further issues during the recording.

If not, I will then create a test account to run a test stream on, again seeing if things crash.

The only thing I won't have going on this test recording is our scene changes - as I don't have the time to spend 3 hours doing nothing and changing scenes as we would on-stream.

If I have any further issues, I'll post the logs / updates.

Thanks so far!

Archedas

Well, no issues on the recording side after about 2 hours of running. No new issues in the analyzer. No crash. From looking around it appears possible that there was an issue with the nvidia driver we were using at the time?

We'll keep an eye out - If our stream goes well this friday I'll mark this as resolved.

Archedas

Appears to have been caused by a bad nVidia driver release that got pushed. Updated to the latest studio driver and haven't had any issues since (aside from issues with network providers).