Question / Help UNDO Resize Output

KhariEventide

Hey I need help,

in an attempt to try to change which size a game source would be displayed I tried out the "resize output (source size)" feature FOR ONE WINDOW. An in effect it DESTROYED every single one of my sources in all of my scenes. And when I try to re-ad sources suddenly all of them are blurry as all hell. And now every single one of my scenes that I worked on over years are no broken with no Undo option. And because there is no cancel button either I cannot just close the software to revert this.

What can I do to get my setups back? Cause otherwise I might as well stop it all, now everything I set up is destroyed and screwed up, because even trying to re-add the sources suddenly they all look blurry as fuck. How do I undo this one fucking shitty button?

All I wanted was to try out whatever the fuck that setting is supposed to do for one setting, and that piece of shit setting took ALL MY SOURCES IN ALL OF MY SCENES. WHY IS THIS HERE?

KhariEventide

Everything is fucked now. Even trying to fix it is IMPOSSIBLE. Cause no everything is so big and blurry, my entire stream setup is screwed with no option to reverse.

Why is this setting here, and with no info what it does? Why is it punishing me so much I cannot even fix it.

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,724

koala

The function you used resizes the canvas and output size to the size of the current source. It's for people who add some source and want the canvas exactly the size of this source, whatever it may be. Many people requested this function in the past. It has a confirmation dialog, so you cannot accidently use it. You confirmed the action, so you definitely wanted to do this, so please don't complain too much.

To revert, go to Settings->Video and enter the previous values in base resolution and output resolution. The base resolution probably was 1920x1080 and the output resolution probably the same or 1280x720. To determine the real previous values, you can look into old logfiles. To open the logfile folder, do Help->Log Files->Show Logfiles and open a logfile from before your mistake setting change. Look for an entry like this:
16:30:30.479: --------------------------------- 16:30:30.479: video settings reset: 16:30:30.479: base resolution: 1920x1080 16:30:30.479: output resolution: 1920x1080

What you wanted to do in the first place was probably the opposite: make the game source as big as the canvas size while keeping the canvas size. This function is right-click the source->Transform->Fit to screen.

Banyarola

Everything is fucked now. Even trying to fix it is IMPOSSIBLE. Cause no everything is so big and blurry, my entire stream setup is screwed with no option to reverse.

Why is this setting here, and with no info what it does? Why is it punishing me so much I cannot even fix it.
You should be a little more respectful of others here and MUTE that foul mouth of yours...

Corlisssj

I'm having the same issue. I've tried all of the suggested fixes with no result. I apologize as to the inconvenience, I'm just very new to all this and have no clue what I'm doing

pixiemae82

Lifesaver! Thank you!

The function you used resizes the canvas and output size to the size of the current source. It's for people who add some source and want the canvas exactly the size of this source, whatever it may be. Many people requested this function in the past. It has a confirmation dialog, so you cannot accidently use it. You confirmed the action, so you definitely wanted to do this, so please don't complain too much.

To revert, go to Settings->Video and enter the previous values in base resolution and output resolution. The base resolution probably was 1920x1080 and the output resolution probably the same or 1280x720. To determine the real previous values, you can look into old logfiles. To open the logfile folder, do Help->Log Files->Show Logfiles and open a logfile from before your mistake setting change. Look for an entry like this:
16:30:30.479: --------------------------------- 16:30:30.479: video settings reset: 16:30:30.479: base resolution: 1920x1080 16:30:30.479: output resolution: 1920x1080

What you wanted to do in the first place was probably the opposite: make the game source as big as the canvas size while keeping the canvas size. This function is right-click the source->Transform->Fit to screen.

slashie101

Thanks. Made this same dumb mistake over a year later and your solution helped me a lot!

HeyDanisaurus

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I accidentally did it and was SO confused on what was going on lol!? So THANK YOU again! :)

Shakhar

Thank you so much for your patience! Despite the abusive language in which the question was asked - you responded with this sage advice, which just save my day. So thank you! You have saved me hours of aggravation and no little anxiety!

eyesack

Thank you soso much, this absolutely saved me!!! :) I'm new to using programs like this and made a silly mistake.

koalaFker

@koala he didn't say he accidently clicked it. He said he tried it, and the smart developers didn't add its opposite beneath it. Are you retard or something? If you have some knowledge it doesn't mean you are allowed to be a sucker around.

LB476LB

Yup, I fell into that hole too. Was less than calm for at least thirty-second, so thank you.

Was trying to create a small 'Nested Scene'...

How do I make the Scene Size = Image size...???

TIA
Nested Scene Sizing.jpg

LB476LB

@koala Are you still passing along friendly advice...??? I would really appreciate a solution to my previous/only post...!!!

TIA

Cheers.