Question / Help Unable to record since adding GPU

Amerikuyu

"Starting the output failed. Please check the Log for details"
I recently got an RX 590 and replaced my old 1050 TI for it. I'm unable to use my two-monitor setup with just the RX (a separate issue, I think) so I put my old 330 OEM in my computer just to run my older monitor. Since then, though, I haven't been able to record or stream when using either as an encoder. And I keep getting the above error message. Any help would be much appreciated
I'm also adding a Speccy screenshot with the other aspects of my setup.
Setup.PNG

My log is here: https://obsproject.com/logs/u1T3eJhGX0QcssMi

Harold

You were better off with the 1050ti actually

But the error indicates you need to change your encoder or its settings.

Amerikuyu

You were better off with the 1050ti actually

But the error indicates you need to change your encoder or its settings.
I thought so too, but the 590 was a gift and it's actually outperforming my 1050ti.
I've tried both cards with no luck. Any recommendations for settings changes?

carlmmii

I'm unable to use my two-monitor setup with just the RX (a separate issue, I think) so I put my old 330 OEM in my computer just to run my older monitor.
Your logs are failing at the AMF encoder check, and you're having an issue running multiple monitors from your 590. That's two signs pointing towards drivers being your issue.

Remove the extra GPU, do a full driver uninstall (of both Nvidia and AMD drivers), and do a fresh install of the latest AMD drivers.

Amerikuyu

Your logs are failing at the AMF encoder check, and you're having an issue running multiple monitors from your 590. That's two signs pointing towards drivers being your issue.

Remove the extra GPU, do a full driver uninstall (of both Nvidia and AMD drivers), and do a fresh install of the latest AMD drivers.
I used the DDU tool to uninstall Nvidia and AMD drivers, and same problems. Not sure what my move is now. Also, I still can't use either card as an encoder.

carlmmii

I'd honestly start suspecting a hardware issue at this point. Only being able to display a single output is either a driver or a hardware issue, so if drivers have been fully reinstalled and the issue persists, then you could just have a faulty card... which could also explain the other issues you're seeing. I would definitely talk to AMD support and have them run through any diagnostic analysis they can do, or see if you can get a refund/replacement.