Bug Report unable to browse files macOS Catalina

kylebaker

I added image as a source and when I click browse nothing happens. When I open as root and do the same thing I get this error in the terminal: "obs[1217:31920] +[NSXPCSharedListener endpointForReply:withListenerName:]: an error occurred while attempting to obtain endpoint for listener 'com.apple.view-bridge': Connection interrupted" I don't know if there is a work around or if it's just a bug with the Catalina beta I am new to OBS and this is just my test machine.

codebuddy

This is a regression in macOS. Can you please use Feedback Assistant (either the app on macOS or the website) to make them aware of this?

So this has either to do with Catalina finally dropping support for beginSheetForDirectory, which has been deprecated for a few macOS versions already (namely since 10.6, Catalina is 10.15). Using beginSheetModalForWindow is the officially endorsed way, but I dunno If this is an issue with OBS or Qt.

Or it has something to do with Catalina making NSOpenPanel behave for every(!) app as if the app is sandboxed. Nevertheless Catalina might require quite some changes due to all deprecations and security changes. Also IIRC OBS will have to be notarized.

On another note: macOS Catalina is a beta OS. You can't expect OBS to run properly there, but if you find bugs, please report them in the mantis.

The beta phase exists precisely so developers can test/fix their software for the inevitable release of Catalina in the fall, but be also aware that the macOS version introduces a lot of challenges (CEF incompatibility, notarization requirements, OpenGL deprecated) for the OBS team.