Ubuntu hirsute hippo upgrade resulted in blank preview screen(s)

baqwas

Hello,

OBS-Studio (installed from Ubuntu repository) was running fine for my limited purposes under Ubuntu 20.10. I couldn't resist upgrading to Ubuntu 21.04! My fault!! And now, I have a blank screen for my preview window(s) in OBS. My video device is:

Code:
$ lspci | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation CoffeeLake-S GT2 [UHD Graphics 630]

I couldn't get the corresponding PPA appended after the upgrade. This is not an issue with the message itself; I understand the latency but thought installing a more recent stable build was the answer to my self-inflicted issue:

Code:
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/obsproject/obs-studio/ubuntu hirsute Release' does not have a Release file.

I've done the basic apt and snap install methods for fresh installs (with --purge in between) but the anomaly didn't go away. Having done some nominal web search for answers, I feel that the Ubuntu 21.04 upgrade did something to the Intel video driver configuration. The solutions in the web were for NVidia cards (and Windows) which do not apply in my case. I'm looking for suggestions leading towards a solution. Thanks.

Kind regards.