Twitch VOD Track Issues?

Sylverstone14

Had a stream tonight and realized (through clips) that my entire VOD was muted except for the music on the Twitch VOD track, almost like a complete flip of the audio I wanted scrubbed.

I checked my audio sources and they are routed just as I had them before (my previous stream for comparison) - ran a few test streams after signing off to confirm that disabling the VOD track option restored the audio, but re-enabling it muted everything but the VOD track itself. Even went as far to check my own headphones to make sure it wasn't an awkward mute and had friends confirm that the clips/VOD had no audio except for the music in my breaks.

Has anyone else had this issue yet? I'm wondering if this is just a bug with the current version of OBS that needs a hotfix of some kind.

I'll include the logs from my current testing, since I couldn't upload the one from my stream tonight. Hopefully it helps.

Sylverstone14

We'll also need screenshots of your Advanced Audio Properties, and Settings->Output->Streaming tab.

Gotcha.
obs64_z57ZZMn7jx.png
obs64_IiGtTe0xj7.png

Sylverstone14

you only have spoti in the vod audio track enabled

on Track 6 you must enable all sources you would hear in the VOD

picard-facepalm.png

Thanks a ton, Cycle!

I felt that something wasn't making sense when I checked the sources again. Gonna take a stab in the dark and assume I got confused on how the tracks were supposed to be laid out.

Also, I did another sweep on the sources and I believe my main scene's audio properties were the only one that was tweaked incorrectly.

nxkevr

I'm a bit confused on this. The "Twitch VOD Track" selection allows you to select a track. I specifically selected Track 1 and had my game audio going to Track 1 (without a doubt). But, no audio at all showed up in the VOD. I was using Track 2 for the "Audio" selection meant to be heard on the live stream.

Is it hardcoded to Track 6 or something?

Just meant to get a bunch of VODs of bosses in my game playthrough... now they're dead and I have clips with no audio at all. Bummer. I'd love to figure this out though, so I can do this again in a new playthrough.

Attachments

• vodtrackproblem.png
    vodtrackproblem.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 69

nxkevr

I'm a bit confused on this. The "Twitch VOD Track" selection allows you to select a track. I specifically selected Track 1 and had my game audio going to Track 1 (without a doubt). But, no audio at all showed up in the VOD. I was using Track 2 for the "Audio" selection meant to be heard on the live stream.

Is it hardcoded to Track 6 or something?

Just meant to get a bunch of VODs of bosses in my game playthrough... now they're dead and I have clips with no audio at all. Bummer. I'd love to figure this out though, so I can do this again in a new playthrough.
Just tested track 6, and it seems to bring the audio into the VOD. If this is the case that Track 6 is hardcoded for the VOD, why is there a selection at all? Should it not just explain to use track 6 instead of giving a selection?

koala

What sources are in the track you choose for VOD depends on what audio sources you assign to that track in Edit->Advanced audio settings. It seems you didn't assign the correct audio sources to your track 1.