Twitch Chat - Regaining it after a raid out.

djtimster

Hi! Technically on a raid out our chat turns into the chat of our destination. Is there a way of regaining my chat? As I raided out, I was raided in by another channel this past weekend. I was unable to address my new viewers into my channel because my chat was on another channel (raid destination). I quickly ended the stream, closed obs, and launch it back again so I could salvage the new viewership and stream for another 30m. Is there a work-around for this? Thanks in advance!

FerretBomb

Not really. This is a Twitch/streaming site thing, not OBS. OBS just embeds the streaming site chat. If the embedded chat moves over, OBS can't force it back. You could try clicking into the chatbox and CTRL+R to force-reload.

Phr3d13

I know I'm late to the party, but I made an account here just to respond with a solution that's faster (I think) than closing and reopening obs... make a second obs profile (can be empty for fastest loading), and switch to it and back to your desired profile. Chat should be yours again and you should have saved time vs closing and reopening obs (depending on the pc).

SinSchism

In keeping the necrobump going... you can just right-click in the chat window and hit "back". Faster than any of the above.

OneManPosse

Not really. This is a Twitch/streaming site thing, not OBS. OBS just embeds the streaming site chat. If the embedded chat moves over, OBS can't force it back. You could try clicking into the chatbox and CTRL+R to force-reload.
The reload fix worked for me. Thanks, FerretBomb!